Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

xlarge.jpg

I think I mentioned in my last post that I like Tom Krein's knives.

I'm also a big fan of hawk's, hatchets and axe's. Here's the new Wood Craft Camp Carver from Council Tools. It's good to see an American company stepping up and making something that will compete with the likes of GFB. They nailed it on the Premium Saddle Axe too :thumbsup:

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

F51743C0-221F-4C2F-8FD3-76AAC04A3BE8.JPG

I like OTFs just for the fidget factor, and let’s face it, who among us didn’t think the old school ‘switchblades’ were super cool when we were kids..BUT I still have to keep a CPK handy also when I’m carrying one, cuz while my autos have failed me on occasion, the EDC2 never lets me down
41BBC31D-14F6-41CB-A421-A02E0EECAA51.jpeg

I usually like larger folders but here are a few of my EDC's when I want to go light. The McGinnis is a new add, but definitely now part of the rotation :thumbsup:

Left to right:

Curtiss F3 in Damasteel
McGinnis Small Peligro in Chad Nell Stainless Damascus
Curtiss Cruze in Damasteel
Chuburkov Scout is some sort of Russian Stainless Damascus

IMG_2541.jpg

I do like my RS. You've got a thinner version I thought?

That one started life as a Rodent Trail, and it had quite a bit longer trailing point blade than the drop point of the RS. Also I believe it is about .170" thick, so a bit thinner than the RS but still has some meat to it. I wouldn't mind it run even thinner. Here's an unmodified RT next to the RS:

dhgaz2ch.jpg

Edit: In case I muddied the waters too much, the knife in post #2357 is a custom shop Swamprat Rodent Trail that I asked be modified to a drop point, which left a longer and thinner blade than the hefty little Rodent Solution which is already drop-pointed, but THICK.

Better pic of modded RT:

ccpsn1Fh.jpg

Last edited:
as a personal rule, when I get paid for my design work, I reinvest some of that into my collection. I usually put those dollars in the hands of a knife maker because I like to spread it around a bit with knife makers I like and support and who might be willing to build a knife to my spec. Sometimes I come across a knife on the secondary market that's a great value and whose design I figure I can learn from. This knife here, (just showed up this morning from the UK) is a great example of what I'm talking about;
xjnYYdL.jpg

EGbdl1H.jpg

90ue7SI.jpg

QiYm0sS.jpg

LfVUCbi.jpg

Back