Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

gYM5vkg.jpg
What knife is this? I love the look of it

I usually like larger folders but here are a few of my EDC's when I want to go light. The McGinnis is a new add, but definitely now part of the rotation :thumbsup:

Left to right:

Curtiss F3 in Damasteel
McGinnis Small Peligro in Chad Nell Stainless Damascus
Curtiss Cruze in Damasteel
Chuburkov Scout is some sort of Russian Stainless Damascus

View attachment 1183333

Nice . How are those Curtiss folders ? They look darn nice for sure.

Nice . How are those Curtiss folders ? They look darn nice for sure.

Thanks!

I think one good description for Dave's work would be boringly incredible. I have owned 7-8 of them and currently have 5 and they are all identical in terms of perfect fit and finish, lockup, lock engagement and an action that will meet or beat most Shirogorov's I've owned. Some people knock him for not using a milled clip but his clip works great and does not create a hot spot. I also prefer a lockbar insert which all of his current models have.

Some have said his knives are production but he's a one man operation and is as custom as any CNC based maker. I think he is also blazing new territory in terms of his anodizing, both heat and electric, last time I talked to him he mentioned having seven separate torches in all different sizes and was doing a blend of both types of anodizing to get some of his effects. Check out his Instagram feed for some pretty amazing stuff. At around $500-600 for his entry level F3's I think they're a bargain compared to some others.

To close it out, he's an awesome guy, a family man and a veteran.

Hope that helps!

I usually like larger folders but here are a few of my EDC's when I want to go light. The McGinnis is a new add, but definitely now part of the rotation :thumbsup:

Left to right:

Curtiss F3 in Damasteel
McGinnis Small Peligro in Chad Nell Stainless Damascus
Curtiss Cruze in Damasteel
Chuburkov Scout is some sort of Russian Stainless Damascus

View attachment 1183333

I haven't gotten very far into higher end folders but, if I do at some point, I love the looks of the Curtiss F3.

Just got this and I probably won’t use it but I’m a fan of the lore. Reading about this guy’s way of demonstrating his knives reminded me of a certain machinist who hangs out here.
View attachment 1189844
Just like the machinist of which you speak, he was also known to have developed a sick ass magical proprietary heat treat. Very cool knife!!!

I may have found a new rabbit hole to fall in... kitchen cutlery. This is my first high quality kitchen blade. 4" paring knife in 1095 at 63 HRc but just a hint of flex to it. Wicked thin slicing demon by @Jetzler1

Before you ask, no, I did not furnish the Koa, thats all original authorship by Mr. Etzler.

Anyway, it was love at first slice. Already imagining it's companion around 7" and a bit more beefy.
20190910_063027.jpg

a CPK inspired food devoted knife pattern that's simpler in construction than the PA is currently under development. It's a lot harder than I thought, there is a ton of nuance to it. Fortunately I know some people who are pretty reknowned for their kitchen skills, that helps a lot

Back