Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Busse - Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade (TGULB) in Competition Finish

49540233333_3334c0e3c2_k_d.jpg

Hey Don, those TGULB look great! I got a couple of TGLB, I’m guessing these are thinner and lighter?

Hey Don, I'm just happy to see you around again. It's been a while since you had visited! Nice UFs you had posted in the other thread :)
Hey CS, I have been very busy with work and the kids lately. Took me a while to find time for my hobby. Hope to come onboard here more often.

It a bit crazy now in Asia with that nCoV19 going on. That thing has yet to peak. I have to ensure we have lotsa backup plans in placed should it hit our work place.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Don

Besides CPK knives, what do I like?
Dogs, guns, knives, gin/vodka/beer (not all at the same time ;)), and women (in that order) ;):D

While I missed the Behemother by a few weeks :(, I just got my first CPK tonight, a Behemoth and I'm pretty excited! :)

Edit: In all seriousness, many of the guys here probably know that a good woman is priceless, and makes us a better person because of who she is!

Last edited:
My GB axes just got delivered and I'm smiling on this downer of a mood day (COVID-19 / the Markets / Blah Blah). Looked at my CC statement and I was charged $249.42 all delivered by Express Mail all the way from Lamina Shop in Finland and I also got 1% instant cash back? :eek: Honestly, I should call the cops on myself!

GlOi0Af.jpg

Now, the SFA is not as nice as the one I had bought from AG Russell's a few years ago thanks to Tervitrace, but still heckuva deal for a combo although I have seen better handle finishes. I little bit of high quality wood wax ought to go a long way :)

#imnotanaxesnob
#beggerscantbechoosers
#imonlyabigcpksnob

Last edited:
My GB axes just got delivered and I'm smiling on this downer of a mood day (COVID-19 / the Markets / Blah Blah). Looked at my CC statement and I was charged $249.42 all delivered by Express Mail all the way from Lamina Shop in Finland and I also got 1% instant cash back? :eek: Honestly, I should call the cops on myself!

GlOi0Af.jpg

Now, the SFA is not as nice as the one I had bought from AG Russell's a few years ago thanks to Tervitrace, but still heckuva deal for a combo although I have seen better handle finishes. I little bit of high quality wood wax ought to go a long way :)

#imnotanaxesnob
#beggerscantbechoosers
#imonlyabigcpksnob
Awesome!

I LOVE the SFA and have ordered the Outdoor Axe. Should receive it around mid-March. Really looking forward to it!

View attachment 1290259

Couple of the 2020 Benchmade Bugouts. Have the white one on order and giving it to my brother.
The Bugout and Bailout are the knives that finally kicked the CRK’s that I rotate through out of my pocket, I absolutely love those two knives. The Bugout I’ve had for a long time and it gets carried a few days at a time. I’ve only had the Bailout for maybe 2 weeks but it has been my main blade since I’ve received it. I put a RSD titanium backspacer on it and like the look of the blade to handle ratio better now than stock but it’s nice either way.

And I can’t add a pic to save my life.

Awesome!

I LOVE the SFA and have ordered the Outdoor Axe. Should receive it around mid-March. Really looking forward to it!

I am not an axe person per se, so I don't know where GB axes rank in the axe quality spectrum but I guess that they are among the better European larger production brands. I really don't know who the CPK of the axe world is, if there's such a thing? Maybe that young fella, Liam H?

Anyway, for 250 bucks which is roughly the price of a higher-end Spyderco folder these days, how could one go wrong with 2 x GBs on sale?

Hoffman Blacksmithing - Trapper Hatchet

Finally received it today after waiting slightly more than 2 years for the order to complete. It’s a nice and handy with a 1.5 pounds head and 14” handle. Time to oil that handle up.

49599775672_d30a5f7337_k_d.jpg

49599516031_91c32a8fb4_k_d.jpg

Nice Trapper’s Hatchet Don! I’m waiting on a Farmer’s Axe from Liam. Should be arriving soon hopefully, it’s been a little over two years. :thumbsup::)

Back