Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Just received one I wasn't sure I'd ever see.

cYwdfVn.jpg
So what do you think? Worth it? Not worth it? Spill the beans, man!

So what do you think? Worth it? Not worth it? Spill the beans, man!

Haven't had a chance to use it yet so hard to say, but it feels good in the hand, I like the weight of it, and the fit and finish is great. He offers the knife in three steels; 01, A2, and 3v. I went with 3v.

I ordered the damn thing six years ago and I was more into the idea of doing bushcrafty things then than now. That said, it's got a crisp 90° spine for fuzzing off fatwood or scraping a ferro rod, a metal pommel for cracking open various tasty nuts(?), and a nice 'scandi grind' with a reasonably fine tip for notching or various woodcarving tasks.

One thing I was and am still not a fan of is the sheath. It's definitely well made and retention is good it's but designed to be worn as a neck knife. I think the idea behind it is while doing your bushcrafts in northern climes it'd be easier to assess while wearing a bunch of clothes than if it were on a belt. I'm not concerned about it getting snagged and choking me, and I can't stand anything dangling from my neck, much less an 8oz knife. The plan has been and still is to get a dangler and attach it for belt carry.

Should be mentioned (in case that wasn't already abundantly clear :)) that I don't have many skills as far as bushcrafty things go so my opinions on such matters don't amount to diddly-squat. I just like going out in the woods and putzing around with knives.

I'll try and get some time in with it soon and report back.

p0CIOIi.jpg

5Ngw0XH.jpg

^Nice 3V Skookum trevitrace trevitrace . Of course my eye is more drawn to the grail TT OGFK. Sooo nice!

Phil

Believe it or not, I had the first dibs on those TTs but like a chickenbleep that I am, I chickened out because they were so dirty looking at first, I thought that the WTT post was written in error :rolleyes: But I am glad that Adam got 'em and he cleaned up that TT so well :thumbsup: The kid's a wiz :D

I kind of like Dan Keffeler’s work. Here is a super assassin D3V/bead blasted(one of) with titanium fittings and doe skin wrap with a terotuf sheath that’s kind of cool.

Attachments

• 824BBDFC-56D7-4293-848D-8A3D5325A2D9.jpeg
    824BBDFC-56D7-4293-848D-8A3D5325A2D9.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 8D8B1FBB-D821-4F60-AFC7-E40219455EC2.jpeg
    8D8B1FBB-D821-4F60-AFC7-E40219455EC2.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 41
  • B0B5E5CD-907B-4872-924B-A686D9FD902B.jpeg
    B0B5E5CD-907B-4872-924B-A686D9FD902B.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 43
Sure did.....been documenting various task with a few of them.....hadn’t been able to snag a garfish since hoping to get one to skin it out using CPK only. I was going to do a small pic and show of various task. These things slice L3 Kevlar like butter. Sort of lost a bit of confidence after destroying a vest. I knew they weren’t puncture resistant. But how easily they pass through surprised the helloutta me!!!

also been EXTREMELY fortunate to locate a SHIV and Field Utility that has been added to my personal collection from an OUTSTANDING member hear!

I’d love a blade from Lorien. Incredible designs..

but my mainstays. Busse and affiliated, Fehrman Extreme Judgment, Cold Steel Trailmaster. Kelsey Creek customs. Bill Siegel anything. Man does amazing things with 5160.
well that's a nice thing to hear!
I'm actually working on one right now that you might like. You're a cop, right?

Sure did.....been documenting various task with a few of them.....hadn’t been able to snag a garfish since hoping to get one to skin it out using CPK only. I was going to do a small pic and show of various task. These things slice L3 Kevlar like butter. Sort of lost a bit of confidence after destroying a vest. I knew they weren’t puncture resistant. But how easily they pass through surprised the helloutta me!!!

also been EXTREMELY fortunate to locate a SHIV and Field Utility that has been added to my personal collection from an OUTSTANDING member hear!

Whaaat?! Is there a CPK-FU? Now that's one which I'd luv to own to take to the afterlife with me :p

When my training partner and I used to show police on our courses how easily edged weapons pass through soft panels we got the same reactions as well; always wear plates or at least anti stab panels dude!!!!
Stay safe,
Andy

I’ll post a few pictures shortly of that poor ass vest.

that’s folded over 2x. So it’s 4 layers and that’s the tip poking through and it wasn’t even a full strike.

Attachments

• 6FE7735D-F3A6-4AE8-917E-D4FE717096BA.jpeg
    6FE7735D-F3A6-4AE8-917E-D4FE717096BA.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 10AE3ECA-993D-4AB6-9ED1-1F589EFCBABB.jpeg
    10AE3ECA-993D-4AB6-9ED1-1F589EFCBABB.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back