Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

In my experience they are very similar. I love them. The Swedish axes are good. But made in America, by Council Tool, the Premium Woodcraft line has really given people options of excellent tools for less money.
Thanks, Brian.

I’ve actually been intrigued by CT axes and looked into them a little bit, but read they have suffered from some QC issues, more so than the Swedish brands. What are your thoughts on this?

Very nice!

How do the Hults compare to the GBA’s in terms of quality/fit & finish?

I would agree that they seem to hit very similar standards, but I bought all of them second hand which gave me the chance to see them in pics rather than ordering blindly from a retailer. On top of that, the two Hults Bruks came from a seller on BCUSA who seems to have a pretty good rep for fine tuning axes and the like so they may be a little better than they would have been “new.”
Council Tools is next on my list (both the Woodcraft line and the Velvicut stuff.) I’d like to find a dealer I can visit in person, if not a factory store (?) as it should be within driving distance for me, so that I can personally choose mine and hopefully avoid any QC issues. Otherwise I’ll be keeping an eye on the secondary market for those as well.
I’ve also got a vintage Plumb Boys Axe in route from the same esteemed collector as the Hults so that should be another solid piece too!

Ramble complete...for now ;)

Thanks, Brian.

I’ve actually been intrigued by CT axes and looked into them a little bit, but read they have suffered from some QC issues, more so than the Swedish brands. What are your thoughts on this?
I am currently working on Council Axes every week for customers. Making them "fancy" and modding them for various uses. I have 24 in the shop and have shipped more.

I have seen little by way of issues and none that would affect use.

I just got in on Liam Hoffman 2.25lbs Camp Axe today! Also have a Mini Camper on order well.

I can’t quite remember which one of you CPK folks (probably a few of you) put me onto these axes but I have a feeling it’s going to cost me a few extra dollars. I have heard very good things about them!

If any of you have pics to post please do - give me something to look at while I wait. ;)

Cheers,
Justin

I would agree that they seem to hit very similar standards, but I bought all of them second hand which gave me the chance to see them in pics rather than ordering blindly from a retailer. On top of that, the two Hults Bruks came from a seller on BCUSA who seems to have a pretty good rep for fine tuning axes and the like so they may be a little better than they would have been “new.”
Council Tools is next on my list (both the Woodcraft line and the Velvicut stuff.) I’d like to find a dealer I can visit in person, if not a factory store (?) as it should be within driving distance for me, so that I can personally choose mine and hopefully avoid any QC issues. Otherwise I’ll be keeping an eye on the secondary market for those as well.
I’ve also got a vintage Plumb Boys Axe in route from the same esteemed collector as the Hults so that should be another solid piece too!

Ramble complete...for now ;)
Good to know! Thanks, Burton Knut.

I am currently working on Council Axes every week for customers. Making them "fancy" and modding them for various uses. I have 24 in the shop and have shipped more.

I have seen little by way of issues and none that would affect use.
Also good to know! Thanks, Brian.

I just got in on Liam Hoffman 2.25lbs Camp Axe today! Also have a Mini Camper on order well.

I can’t quite remember which one of you CPK folks (probably a few of you) put me onto these axes but I have a feeling it’s going to cost me a few extra dollars. I have heard very good things about them!

If any of you have pics to post please do - give me something to look at while I wait. ;)

Cheers,
Justin
I’ve tried a handful of times to get in on LH stuff and every time I get to the checkout it says no more available. Quite frustrating! :mad:

I’ve tried a handful of times to get in on LH stuff and every time I get to the checkout it says no more available. Quite frustrating! :mad:
The first time I tried, I didn’t have an account set up so I failed at the check out. Now I make sure I’m signed in prior to the sale and just refresh and move as fast as I can through the prompts.

The first time I tried, I didn’t have an account set up so I failed at the check out. Now I make sure I’m signed in prior to the sale and just refresh and move as fast as I can through the prompts.
I found that out the first time I tried, so created an account. Still haven’t succeeded yet. I actually said screw it, but maybe I’ll give it another go. :rolleyes:

I know there not as good as CPK, but I like the ESEE3. Got me a new S35VN ESEE3 made by Rowen, and I still have my original RAT3 made by Ontario.
DvRuAER.jpg

Am4VERd.jpg

9Otn58m.jpg

QSlLeTn.jpg

Clip Point RC-3, before Ontario made them stop using the RAT name after they switched to Rowen for their manufacturing.
cb0Xjn0.jpg

Too bad they don’t make the clip point anymore.

Last edited:
Just got in on a Liam Hoffman Craft Carver! Man, I'm having a good week. First a Dek1 and now this!!!

I will post pics when it arrives but it will be a while. I am not sure if a 10 month lead time means it will be shipped in 10 months or it starts getting forged in 10 months......... Either way I'm pretty pumped!

Back