Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Very cool, looks like a nice sharp & lightweight tool.
In the middle of a "relocation" & recently acquired a 2nd knife by Iz Turley: M20 DogFace in old natural linen micarta. 2 Turley's on the journey northwards to the Southern Colorado Mtns,
plus a bunch of CPK's & more!
12EB83EE-B9D3-4EE0-9CB1-490091E79768.jpeg

It’s amazing how fast time passes. I apologize for the platitude but years ago, way before the internet existed, I met who’s become and old and dear friend: Tony Bose. That was in the late eighties or so. And if the internet existed back then, we didn’t know about it.

In any case, Tony had started working with some wonder steel: 440V. By then I had a bunch of knives, but mostly hunted with 01 steel Randall knives. The new steel blew my mind and still does. Tony’s 440V knives remain the best I have ever used. I mean folding as well as fixed blade knives.

Many moons have passed since I got my first knife from Tony. Since that first knife from him I have bought other knives out of curiosity or just because. But when out in the field or on the water, I make sure I carry a Bose knife when it come to work. When I travel, I always carry one of his knives.

I’ve been away from home for some months now and some good friends from way back when have recommended that I try the CPK knives. So far I’m utterly well impressed. They are heavier than most Bose knives (Tony has made some great field knives for me, mostly high carbon steel), probably tougher, the jury’s still out on how long, comparatively, they stay sharp, but this is not about comparing the product of two great craftsmen. The point is that I’m very pleased to have run into CPK knives at this point, while my old time favorite have been my old pal’s very awesome knives.

I’m posting an old picture I found on my IPad, I’m away from home so that's all I have at the moment.

View attachment 1418981
Jaw drops.

Besides CPK Knives, my collection now is focused in only two areas, and I am in the process of liquidating just about everything else.

First are Loveless stiffhorns. Here are three interesting ones that I own: (1) one of the first production batches Loveless made; (2) possibly the last one that Loveless made; and (3) one engraved by Fracassi.

Loveless_LKC12 - Low Res.jpg

Loveless_121221-smallest.jpg

Loveless_Fracassi_180412-2_Smallest.jpg

You can't go wrong with a Bubba Blade... <snipped>

Just a heads up, mentioning a brand name and where one could get 'em generally is not an issue but linking to a none BF.com sponsored site may be a bit problematic. I know that Nathan is a very cool cat who probably doesn't give a shyte (not like taking food from his table) but some other Mods may view this as what they consider deal spotting.

BTW, I looked it up and like that filleting knife :) although a bit too long for what I may have in mind.

Just a heads up, mentioning a brand name and where one could get 'em generally is not an issue but linking to a none BF.com sponsored site may be a bit problematic. I know that Nathan is a very cool cat who probably doesn't give a shyte (not like taking food from his table) but some other Mods may view this as what they consider deal spotting.

BTW, I looked it up and like that filleting knife :) although a bit too long for what I may have in mind.
Thanks for the heads up. Bubba Blades also makes a 7" blade too!

I like old hickory knives, this is like $50 worth of them. My granddad used an old hickory butcher knife for practically everything. These ones ranged in price from like $6-$14, the paring knife was probably $3, they are a good value. But it can be hard to convince people not to leave them in the sink.
A91B1A92-B136-49CA-91FD-237460D1D1BB.jpeg

Lorien,

I do indeed have the "Skate". I just shot those pics. Not sure Coop has any images by Rocha. In fact, he emailed me at the very time I was perusing the knife, which was for sale on a dealer site. He had seen it and sent me an email in case I hadn't, commenting that he bet it would be one that one interest me.

At that point, and having already mulled it around, I grabbed it.
Hello, my name is Liz Silva and Gay Rocha is my Step father who is still ALIVE not dead. If you would like to contact me I can get you in touch with him
lizsilva1123@yahoo.com
Thank you
Liz Silva

Last edited:
Back