Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

What's the big deal about those axes? Anyone got any photos of some of them they can show us?
Well, in essence, they’re a beautifully executed axe(s) created by a very talented young blacksmith in NC, USA. I don’t have any pictures to share, as I’m still waiting for the one I was able to score. It should be here some time this summer. However, I believe mpjustin mpjustin has some lovely images he can share.

Also, part of the allure likely has to do with the fact Liam took home the grand prize on one of the Forged in Fire shows.

DAxvPyUl.jpg

This lil' fella showed up today.
Not sure if this one is staying or not
I will say that I really like the green bone scales but the comb.... not for me
0u3JYwUl.jpg

Well, in essence, they’re a beautifully executed axe(s) created by a very talented young blacksmith in NC, USA. I don’t have any pictures to share, as I’m still waiting for the one I was able to score. It should be here some time this summer. However, I believe mpjustin mpjustin has some lovely images he can share.

Also, part of the allure likely has to do with the fact Liam took home the grand prize on one of the Forged in Fire shows.

That name sounds familiar. I don't know if I saw him. I stopped watching the show because I didn't like how they treated Walter Sorrells.

What's the big deal about those axes? Anyone got any photos of some of them they can show us?

Here’s a few pics of the two models I currently have. Mini Camper and Wasatch Hatchet.

Once you have a chance to hold one / swing one the axe will speak for itself. A great quality tool that should last a lifetime if cared for. I also like that Liam hardens the poles on his axes so they can be used for hammer like duties.

In another couple months I should have a 2.25lb camp axe, trappers axe, and a craft carver to compare. I like axes almost as much as I like CPK’s (but not quite ;)).

0g62X4q.jpg

T1p1Vf8.jpg

lsUUQmC.jpg

gj9lUxZ.jpg

2UKmcsc.jpg

Here’s a few pics of the two models I currently have. Mini Camper and Wasatch Hatchet.

Once you have a chance to hold one / swing one the axe will speak for itself. A great quality tool that should last a lifetime if cared for. I also like that Liam hardens the poles on his axes so they can be used for hammer like duties.

In another couple months I should have a 2.25lb camp axe, trappers axe, and a craft carver to compare. I like axes almost as much as I like CPK’s (but not quite ;)).

0g62X4q.jpg

T1p1Vf8.jpg

lsUUQmC.jpg

gj9lUxZ.jpg

2UKmcsc.jpg

Very nice! Thanks. I love that rustic look. I hope you show us some photos of the new axes when you receive them.

0g62X4q.jpg

T1p1Vf8.jpg

lsUUQmC.jpg

gj9lUxZ.jpg

2UKmcsc.jpg
tell us what you think of Liam's hard pole after you beat on it for awhile

DylkEkul.jpg

uHi8Mjbl.jpg

This is a Blackfeather in O1 tool steel. I put the handles on this 4 years ago for a guy who has since become a good friend. I have mentioned in the past that it is one of maybe 3 or 4 knives that have passed through my hands that I would love to have someday. He happens to have one more on that very short list, but I digress.

It's one of the first pinned handles I did where I did not have any scales as a template (it just came as a blank blade). Also the only time I have used wood (maple) as a liner. I didn't have much idea what I was doing then... mostly just said yes to anything to try new things. I was so pleased with how it all came together.

Anyway, fast forward to today and I have a couple projects lined out with this fellow, and this is what he put up in trade. It just showed up in the box! Heck of a mail call! I was stunned. It's very special to me for several reasons. I am so glad to have it.

000Robert 000Robert heres my camp axe from Liam. I got this one when you could simply email in your order and get whatever axe model you wanted and pretty sure I had it about 10 months. I don’t think this configuration is available anymore since it’s got a 1.5 lb head on a 15” handle. The new and similar “mini camper” has a 1.25lb head and usually a 12” handle.

The pic also fits in this thread since I mostly collect custom slipjoints and hunting knives. The Lanny’s clip is from Bret Dowell and the fixed blade is by Josh Fisher JS.

7r3E7Eu.jpg

Here’s another handmade camp axe that I like using more than the Hoffman. This one is by Pawel Surdel in Poland. It’s a 1.85lb head on a 19” handle. The little extra weight and length make it more capable.

KgiRmQW.jpg
irN1KyL.jpg

Last edited:
000Robert 000Robert heres my camp axe from Liam. I got this one when you could simply email in your order and get whatever axe model you wanted and pretty sure I had it about 10 months. I don’t think this configuration is available anymore since it’s got a 1.5 lb head on a 15” handle. The new and similar “mini camper” has a 1.25lb head and usually a 12” handle.

The pic also fits in this thread since I mostly collect custom slipjoints and hunting knives. The Lanny’s clip is from Bret Dowell and the fixed blade is by Josh Fisher JS.

7r3E7Eu.jpg

Here’s another handmade camp axe that I like using more than the Hoffman. This one is by Pawel Surdel in Poland. It’s a 1.85lb head on a 19” handle. The little extra weight and length make it more capable.

KgiRmQW.jpg
irN1KyL.jpg

They look nice.

Back