Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

With Father's day approaching, I decided I needed something different

Jake Hoback's ("The Way" Machete in AEB-L) 18 inch Blade

View attachment 1582849

Sir Tom-Tom! These are intriguing and interesting to me. At first glance, there is a bit much goin on there with the multiple finger coils of their handle scales. Depending on one's hand size, they could either provide an excellent and secure grip or they can just create lotsa hot spots for the wrong hand size; one of the reasons that the old GSO-10 didn't agree with me and then I fortunately got a whiff of something called the CPK-LC back in '16. The other thing which made me go hmm, is the Tanto shaped blade profile for a machete but knowing that you tend to use these in the hot and humid summer coming up in TN, I am genuinely interested to find out your take on their use IRL :)

I know that the CPK-Khuk is still ways out on that Nathan's whiteboard list of upcoming projects but as I try to shift my focus on the practicality of what I will buy as we go forward, the Folder and the Khaki are the two patterns which I will be eagerly waiting for along with an Axe from CPK, if and when ;)

Lastly, thank you for thinking of me for Fathers Day. I know that I'm known as Unc. Matty but if gifts are destined my way, I will gladly also go by Papi 😂 🥳

ETA: also how the edge will hold up with that AEBL steel. If the AEBL HT is pretty much standard and kinda similar to CPK's, then with the better abrasive resistance characteristics of the steel should do well with bushes, long wild grass and shrubbery vs the run-of-the-mill machetes in 1055 and 1075!

Last edited:
Mat, AKA Papi, I haven't got a chance to use them yet, I bought these for clearing relatively light vegetation on the path leading down to my homemade firing rage:thumbsup:

A Machete is not designed to be a Chopper, at .07 thickness, the scales should not be a problem for any size hand. The Heat Treatment was not listed

Papi, I sent you 2 for Father's day , check your e-mail for Tracking Info: o_O:rolleyes::thumbsup:

EDIT: As far as the Folder and Kukri are concerned both should be great offerings Mat. I am going to be patient and wait for the Shivo_O:D;)

Last edited:
Spyderco.
s1VTNAa.jpg

I’ve been wanting one of Big Chris’s Voyagers for quite some time. Finally was able to get on his books and get one made up. Unfortunately, he didn’t give me a choice on steel and I was limited to what he already had cut out. Still, CPM 154 is not bad at all and will be easy enough to maintain.

That guy can sharpen a knife…

5RpM76b.jpg

I’ve been wanting one of Big Chris’s Voyagers for quite some time. Finally was able to get on his books and get one made up. Unfortunately, he didn’t give me a choice on steel and I was limited to what he already had cut out. Still, CPM 154 is not bad at all and will be easy enough to maintain.

That guy can sharpen a knife…

5RpM76b.jpg
That’s a really sweet looking knife !!! The handle colors are nice too !!!

I just picked up an interesting fossil walrus ivory artifact knife from Dan Graves. The walrus fossil came from St Lawrence Island Alaska, and it was found by a Inuit Eskimo on native lands. The story alone sold me, and I’ve been wanting to get one of Dan’s knives for awhile.

qPQyZ4J.jpg

JcmaHyj.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm tried to do some search online but without much success...
maybe shouldnt ask here and if so please tell me and will edit and remove this post or mods can delete it..
recently was eyeballing some swords. sadly K18's are damn hard to find.. one of friends who isnt much in blades has seen miller bros swords on instagram and told me about them, I never have purchased any of their blades, so dont know much about their steel, ht, geometry and how practical are they.. honestly I love my CPK's and wanted to fill my collection of diff sized blades with CPK's, but again K18 is only in my dreams lol.. so Ive seen their M3 short sword which is bit shorter then K18 and in diff geometry (single edged, thicker and not that wide.. etc) with some research I saw that their still Z wear performs well in swords and is almost identical to 3V.. (but Delta 3V is whole new level imho..) anyways wanted to see how they chop/cut but couldnt find any videos anywhere, and im curious how that M3 will cut through 2x4 or some tree limbs and etc with that tick .28" ass... and honestly 1.62" isnt too wide for that thiccc blade to cut smoothly, I think it get too tick very quickly because of that 1.62" and it will more likely split instead of cutting..
so any of you guys have experienced with MBB swords? are they overbuilt and stupidly thick or they still do cut well? just wanna hear some honest opinions from experienced people. MBB wont ever replace my CPKs and even if I will get my hands on one M3 I will still score that bad mofo K18.

hmmm tried to do some search online but without much success...
maybe shouldnt ask here and if so please tell me and will edit and remove this post or mods can delete it..
recently was eyeballing some swords. sadly K18's are damn hard to find.. one of friends who isnt much in blades has seen miller bros swords on instagram and told me about them, I never have purchased any of their blades, so dont know much about their steel, ht, geometry and how practical are they.. honestly I love my CPK's and wanted to fill my collection of diff sized blades with CPK's, but again K18 is only in my dreams lol.. so Ive seen their M3 short sword which is bit shorter then K18 and in diff geometry (single edged, thicker and not that wide.. etc) with some research I saw that their still Z wear performs well in swords and is almost identical to 3V.. (but Delta 3V is whole new level imho..) anyways wanted to see how they chop/cut but couldnt find any videos anywhere, and im curious how that M3 will cut through 2x4 or some tree limbs and etc with that tick .28" ass... and honestly 1.62" isnt too wide for that thiccc blade to cut smoothly, I think it get too tick very quickly because of that 1.62" and it will more likely split instead of cutting..
so any of you guys have experienced with MBB swords? are they overbuilt and stupidly thick or they still do cut well? just wanna hear some honest opinions from experienced people. MBB wont ever replace my CPKs and even if I will get my hands on one M3 I will still score that bad mofo K18.
Hope this helps

Hope this helps

yeah Ive seen some M8 videos, looks like its one of their popular models.. but couldnt find any video of their sword chopping stuff. M8 is wide blade and that compesates thickness but curious how thawt thick (.28") sword which isnt that wide, how it will chop and cut. so I guess nobody has owned one here to tell how good cutters are they. anyways I better stick with CPKs all the way and cross my fingers and wait for K18 😭😁😁

Back