Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs

Oh, and I also own this:

Kolenko Crusade Dagger - 1.jpg

I have put that Siegle through acres of clearing and man it’s still spiffy. Just too tough to scratch I guess 😆
Mine isn't so spiffy these days but it's one of my favorites for sure.

3INWhUa.jpg

Survey says……..

XXX

Bill Buxton J.S. Stamped hunter. I used to have a Bowie by Patton in Damascus and ironwood that looked like it’s big brother. One of the nicest pieces I ever owned. Hindsight is 10/10, I will see if I can dig up a pic.
Now if you said the Curly maple skinner was a GL Drew you would’ve been spot on! I still have one of his $60 edc knives in ATS34 and cocobolo tucked away somewhere. I just love his style and how they handle.
Gotcha. Drew at least used to make one hell of a user knife for the money. Really good value. Still might - it's just been years since I bought one. Other than my CPK Potato Knife, my forged Drew utility fighter probably has seen more use than any knife I own. Cuts well, maintains a decent edge, and is very easy to resharpen.

6-94.jpg6-98.jpg

Those are some gorgeous blades! It’s been years since I saw one of Bill’s Nessmuk bolos.

Drew still puts up some very nice stuff for less than $200 regularly. I agree he makes such a quality using knife. Anyone who got into collecting through BF should own one of his knives. I found his style really flourished once he started leaning into his forge work. That Bowie is wonderful! I love the wrought iron furniture and that chatoyance is mesmerizing. Ironwood or cocobolo?

Please use your super mod powers to create a button for me to like this twice. Beauty.
Thanks, HK. It was handed to me at the Blade Show years ago by a member, (no longer active, to my knowledge), who said he had two made and wanted me to have one. It took me by complete surprise, so when the show was over I had to reciprocate and sent him a Barlow knife built by an ABS master smith to assuage my conscience.

It's very special to me.

Last edited:
Back