Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Late on Friday afternoon I found out I would be traveling to France on Sunday.
Right beside the hotel is a big shop Laguiole. My host said "oh yes, there they sell knives"..."really, perhaps I'll check it out". Ha, now we are talking.
Hopefully some interesting examples.

Right beside the hotel is a big shop Laguiole. My host said "oh yes, there they sell knives"..."really, perhaps I'll check it out". Ha, now we are talking.
Lucky...bet there's some sweet ones.

Don’t know if it is the same shop, but when my wife, her sister, and I visited France a number of years ago, I visited a Lagulole shop, right across the river from Notre Dame. The shop was very well stocked. The keeper was knowledgeable, friendly, and lucky for me, spoke English very well. After about two hours, my wife and her sister were done shopping elsewhere, and had to drag me away. I left with a couple of knives for myself, and a couple for gifts. Really enjoyed the visit. Mike

Cool. I went to a few knife shops in Paris some years back. Picked up an Opinel or two and a Douk Douk.

The cutlery highlights were primarily supplied by Fred Perrin who we were visiting with over the two weeks we were there.

Enjoy yourself.

A visit with Fred Perrin must have been very enjoyable.
It was great. We visited a castle or two, his workshop at his aunt's home (at the time), many restaurants and just general tomfoolery. It was a good time. I came home with a few of Fred's pieces as well. (Among them the prototype "Subway Bowie"...which I name Le Metro in honor of the Parisian subway system.)

The rest of the time was spent with a mutual friend and his wife, and my cousin who is an attorney in Paris.

Some old, poor images taken with a crap camera under harsh lighting conditions...

tribal3.jpgPerrin2.jpgGriffe2.jpg

Don’t know if it is the same shop, but when my wife, her sister, and I visited France a number of years ago, I visited a Lagulole shop, right across the river from Notre Dame. The shop was very well stocked. The keeper was knowledgeable, friendly, and lucky for me, spoke English very well. After about two hours, my wife and her sister were done shopping elsewhere, and had to drag me away. I left with a couple of knives for myself, and a couple for gifts. Really enjoyed the visit. Mike
This one is in Rennes, not Paris.

And possibly the wrong thread - Charlie the red nose.

Maybe somebody could design a delta3v nail clipper that Charlie could use .. please.

Cool dog. Use a dremel; not kidding. Also, walking him / letting him run on asphalt helps.

Mandatory knife pic, hope I didn't share here before:

i-7qw36tr-X3.jpg

Got these two in recently. A Microtech Hera, which I think is the perfect Microtech OTF, I’ve had a CT, UT, UT-85, this one is just the bees knees. And this MBK EWC is just a SWEET little knife, very fun double detent slipjoint flipper!
YjKlmaB.jpg

8qv2Hql.jpg

Back