Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Stuart Branson;

ooC7HnL.jpg

A pictorial will be coming soon in the Custom and Handmade knives forum

I keep taking pics of this to sell it since I think it's too pretty to use. Then while I'm writing up the post I decide it's too pretty to sell. First world conundrum.

dOE5RTt.jpg

I've sold prettier knives, I dunno what my deal with this one is. Adventure Sworn Mountaineer with oatmeal burlap scales. I don't even like scandi grinds all that much and the scales are too polished for my taste but, here it remains.

I keep taking pics of this to sell it since I think it's too pretty to use. Then while I'm writing up the post I decide it's too pretty to sell. First world conundrum.

I've sold prettier knives, I dunno what my deal with this one is. Adventure Sworn Mountaineer with oatmeal burlap scales. I don't even like scandi grinds all that much and the scales are too polished for my taste but, here it remains.

Too slim for your mitts. but if you ever decide to kiss it goodbye for a last time, I'll give you my phone number to contact me ;)

Good luck Mat, Liam is not taking orders until the spring of 2018:eek:

Not in a rush TomTom. I suck with axes worse than I do with knives! :eek: My GB-SFA is chilling very nicely in the humidor ;) Well, that didn't make any sense!

There are good and bad sides to living near Brownell's...

...would be a better post if I could find the right picture.

Last edited:
Very, very nice Don :thumbsup:

I have been eyeing up that one or perhaps it's slightly smaller sibling :)
Thanks! I think mine is one of the smallest axe Liam makes. The head weights 1.6 lb and came with a 12" handle. Or are you looking at the beer opener axe of his. That's a neat little thing too :D Don't wait too long. Liam's axe will only become harder to get. Do jump on it when his books open again. They are a beauty to look at even if you don't use them. It's the type of thing that will put a smile on your face when you take it out from your humidor once in a blue moon ;) BHQ and KC receive some axes from Liam once in a while.

Congrats on the Hoffman:thumbsup: I am waiting on 2 from Liam
Thanks! Me too. I am waiting for a Camp Axe and Trapper Hatchet. It will more than a year before I see them. I trust the wait is worth it:thumbsup:

^^^^No doubt the wait is worth it, I ordered 2 Camp Axe's in June, so I have a wait also. They are a very special Axe IMO:thumbsup:

I cannot agree more. I can feel the passion and effort put into creating it. It seems to have a soul of its own. What made it more special for me is it is my first and one and only axe.

A few makers whose work I'm really drawn to; David Mirabile, Nick Wheeler, and Stuart Branson.

To kill two birds with one stone (and slightly derail this thread:confused:).... It seems to me, that up until now, the original designs that the CPK crew has produced, just about cover most of our real world needs (okay, might need a fillet knife to really be complete).

Of course, I'm interested in anything that is designed and created in the CPK the shop. If we are going to diverge in to the "it would be cool but maybe not quite as practical" realm, I would be rather thrilled to see Nathan's interpretation of a Japanese influenced blade (like a tanto).

There has been discussion of a fighter/bowie (what ever one's interpretation), which is why I included the Nick Wheeler blade below. This is the style I'm fond of. A smaller version would also be welcomed. I'm also sensitive to the fact that we don't want to be looking for copies of existing knives.

If this is too much of a derailment, I'm happy to delete most of my jabber. Mike

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Hi Don. Thank you!
It seems that Nick is making knives. I’m just not sure where they are going. I’ll keep my eyes open for you. Mike

Nice collection Mike! I love Nick Wheeler bowies too. Am still waiting for the chance pick one up.

Back