Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

A few makers whose work I'm really drawn to; David Mirabile, Nick Wheeler, and Stuart Branson.

To kill two birds with one stone (and slightly derail this thread:confused:).... It seems to me, that up until now, the original designs that the CPK crew has produced, just about cover most of our real world needs (okay, might need a fillet knife to really be complete).

Of course, I'm interested in anything that is designed and created in the CPK the shop. If we are going to diverge in to the "it would be cool but maybe not quite as practical" realm, I would be rather thrilled to see Nathan's interpretation of a Japanese influenced blade (like a tanto).

There has been discussion of a fighter/bowie (what ever one's interpretation), which is why I included the Nick Wheeler blade below. This is the style I'm fond of. A smaller version would also be welcomed. I'm also sensitive to the fact that we don't want to be looking for copies of existing knives.

If this is too much of a derailment, I'm happy to delete most of my jabber. Mike

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Great looking blades Mike! I really dig that Bowie and sheath though. :thumbsup:

Gus, is the Gladius hand smoothed G10? Cannot tell for sure. Beautiful piece:thumbsup:

Thanks again Tom. Yes It’s smooth G10. I got it on the Busse Exchange about 4 years ago as a Battle grade with Tanker grey coating. It was pretty obtuse. I sent over to Norcal Blacktail to have stripped, satin finished, and sharpened. It’s real sharp now. :thumbsup:;)

Thanks again Tom. Yes It’s smooth G10. I got it on the Busse Exchange about 4 years ago as a Battle grade with Tanker grey coating. It was pretty obtuse. I sent over to Norcal Blacktail to have stripped, satin finished, and sharpened. It’s real sharp now. :thumbsup:;)
The satin finishing is awesome. I thought it’s done by the shop. Norcal Blacktail did an awesome job putting on satin finish and convex edge on my TGLB. He seems to have disappeared from the grid though. I have no luck contacting recently.

The satin finishing is awesome. I thought it’s done by the shop. Norcal Blacktail did an awesome job putting on satin finish and convex edge on my TGLB. He seems to have disappeared from the grid though. I have no luck contacting recently.

Thanks Don. He sure did a good job with the satin finish. I’m sorry to hear you’re not having any luck contacting him. I haven’t contacted him in quite awhile myself.

If you can't contact Norcal, I would recommend Josh at Razors edge knives he does a great job:thumbsup:
Yes, Josh is really good. He helped me regound a XM24 and removed the paint coating on my Busse HUCK. I have 2 more Busse going to him for some mod when they are ready. I will share more when they are done :D

Back