Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Did someone say CBT? :cool:

Just from goofin around chopping and batoning <two very fun, but very impractical uses for a knife IMHO> I can't tell any performance differences. And when you get into Busse-sized bruisers the weight differential isn't that noticeable anyway. If a Battle Mistress ever makes it to Mars...sure, they'll go with the CBT for payload restrictions. But knocking around on my lot...meh, no difference.

But it sure does look nice and that's my main attraction, I admit! What do you guys think?

BURP:
G4wMFGk.jpg

2JM1yr0.jpg

cZhoQqw.jpg

Jackhammer:
gvHhmBp.jpg

Hellrazor:
vOavZGl.jpg

BattleShark:
HeXT2OI.jpg

BattleSaw:
PRbwjyA.jpg

IJwSgmC.jpg

nNuIcGh.jpg

2XuZoP8.jpg

8m8Wvo3.jpg

"Vertical" CBT on HG55's in various stages of undress:
kSpaler.jpg

jme7DkM.jpg

PLmBkVf.jpg

Wsmf3yC.jpg

Nice shots there Petey!

Nothin' better to do right now, so let's see who can name the makers of these two fighters (front of knife purposely concealed) - without going back through all the previous posts to try and find out. LORIEN is excluded from guessing who the maker of the smaller knife is:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Hint on top one - the only tactical fighter design ever made by this maker and the only knife he ever made with canted guard. One of fifty of this design, some containing the date "2000", others not. All 50 bead blasted.

Hint on second/smaller knife - Maker was not known for this style blade, as a general rule. This is the only NYS style blade I have ever seen from him. Usually a quite different blade tip that is highly polished, more Japanese in style.

Bob, I'm sorry to tell you but I cheated :( thus I found out the top one to be by G.H.

I didn't have to go through the 69 pages or do a search of your posts within the thread to cheat as I took a much shorter route. Extra Clever points for telling me how I cheated :)

Loveless? Or just lovely?
Well, I think I knew when I posted this that no one would ever consider the very few knives made by Jim Merritt under his own makers mark, but during his time with Bob Loveless. This was a specially made knife, the scales donated especially for this knife, having come from the Texas Treaty Tree. Jim has a longtime background in Texas and this special piece is one of so very, very few that he made after getting together with Bob Loveless.

orig.jpg

Didn't Bob buy that Lum a few months back on that fancy-schmancy site for knives? I'm remiss right now for the site's name but I vaguely remember something to that effect!

Yup, Lorien had the hots for it and was following it but Bob was the one whose offer was accepted so Bob snagged it.

My cheating method of doing TinEye reverse image search and Google image search is not coming up with the site which that LUM was on a few months back, because that was not the image which they had used. Grrrrr! :mad:

Actually, I think I grabbed it the instant it went up for sale. And I don't recall making any offer at all, but grabbed it because the price was right. I think Lorien would have done the same, but only recall he and I discussing it after it's sale. But I could be wrong, often am.

As for the one remaining unidentified fighter, Mat the Cheater got the initials right, the maker being George Herron:

large.jpg

I don't know if I knew this was a Herron because I already knew, or because I knew it because it's obviously a Herron.
No points added or deducted

Actually, I think I grabbed it the instant it went up for sale. And I don't recall making any offer at all, but grabbed it because the price was right. I think Lorien would have done the same, but only recall he and I discussing it after it's sale. But I could be wrong, often am.

As for the one remaining unidentified fighter, Mat the Cheater got the initials right, the maker being George Herron:

large.jpg

Back