Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Let's see if anyone can guess this maker...

25612010358_9bb398c586_b.jpg

Walnut and bronze, Crucible CPM-S30v, fully hand polished and convex blade. In fact, if memory serves, this entire knife was made using nothing but hand tools, with the exception of a drill press. I think heat treatment was performed by Paul Bos. The left-handed sash-style tooled leather scabbard was something I had Paul Long make for this cherished blade.

Walnut and bronze, Crucible CPM-S30v, fully hand polished and convex blade. In fact, if memory serves, this entire knife was made using nothing but hand tools, with the exception of a drill press. I think heat treatment was performed by Paul Bos. The left-handed sash-style tooled leather scabbard was something I had Paul Long make for this cherished blade.

that looks an awful lot like a CPK LightChopper...hmmm...

So who it be?

So who it be?

that, my friend, is the original proof of concept for the LightChopper- unbeknownst to me at the time and well before Nathan and I got to know each other

Ah. Lorien Lorien I assumed you were hinting at something like that, but the S30V was making me wonder too.

Honestly, I’m stunned no one knew about this blade.

Lorien Lorien , how hard would it be to dig up your original thread on this? Is it still alive?

Found it.

Alas! A casualty of the Photobucket Plague. May they die a thousand agonizing deaths...

yeah, it's sad. But I'm glad you mentioned the thread- there's some good reading there
Photobucket can suck it

Like Gusbuster Gusbuster , I am also a big fan of Osprey Knife & Tool. Chris Linton (the knife maker) does some of the best fit & finish work around. I appreciate the fact that he uses a lot thin CPM 154 and tapers the tangs. His hammer-texturing on the flats is the Bomb!

Beautiful! What model is the bottom picture? I really like that one!

Back