Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Beautiful! What model is the bottom picture? I really like that one!

Looks like a (K) Apache.
But let’s wait for Comprehensivist Comprehensivist to confirm.
OKTs (@Osprey Knife & Tool) are stunning.

@Oyster is correct that the one in the bottom photo is the K Apache. Top down in the middle photo are; K Apache, K2 Raptor, and Tusk. The “K” variants have a taller guardless blade that works better for food prep without sacrificing functionality in woodworking roles.

Phil

Like Gusbuster Gusbuster , I am also a big fan of Osprey Knife & Tool. Chris Linton (the knife maker) does some of the best fit & finish work around. I appreciate the fact that he uses a lot thin CPM 154 and tapers the tangs. His hammer-texturing on the flats is the Bomb!

I’ve been eyeing Chris’s work for a while now. Have not been fortunate enough to secure one. Love that K Raptor. Really nice collection Comprehensivist Comprehensivist

So much want...

I think to myself I should just save up for Blade Show. Then GEC puts out a pattern I have to try. Then there's a deal too good to pass up on the Exchange. Then you guys throw up these awesome Apaches.

Then, of course, CPK has these addictive Friday sales, not to mention pre-orders. Then Spyderco drops a sprint or 2, and exclusives come out that are tempting (Lum Tanto Hap40? Hmm).

Now Busse is about to drop a pretty freaking awesome dagger. And I'm not so into daggers, and this one might not even be able to "pry through a brick wall." (Shiv love).

The only solution may be to turn the screens off and go cut stuff. Not complaining, just some slow, rainy day musings.

Once you crack the door, it's easy for it to get kicked in. The sickness is real!

TommyGun56 TommyGun56 Not a bad plan. ;) I have some pretty specific yea's and nay's to keep things in check. A CPK-only filter might work better! Might...

My New Year resolution was to see if I can get a Dan Keffeler Super Assassin this year
I love Dan’s work too. I have been eying his Midnight Defender for a while now. What’s holding me back is the potential cost and the pain to import it into Singapore. I tried my friend’s SA and realized I don’t have the fitness to control it. It’s a heavy sword for me.

I don't have the variety of Osprey knives Gusbuster Gusbuster and Comprehensivist Comprehensivist have but I quite like the one I do have. My own Osprey Apache, I believe it's the Apache Hunter if I remember right. It is a fantastically comfortable knife.

hsx1yws.jpg

I don't have the variety of Osprey knives Gusbuster Gusbuster and Comprehensivist Comprehensivist have but I quite like the one I do have. My own Osprey Apache, I believe it's the Apache Hunter if I remember right. It is a fantastically comfortable knife.

hsx1yws.jpg

:thumbsup: That’s a nice one Dan. Chris use to have an Apache Hunter and an Apache EDC, he changed the names to just Hunter and Apache. The Hunter is a tad bigger with more belly on the blade.

First mail call of 2018.

One of them is the Mamushi from @Osprey Knife & Tool. I am a fan of Chris’s work too. This is my 2nd piece from Chris with Koa handle. I really dig the Koa handle.

39662644501_a797a6607b_k_d.jpg

Next up is the Woodsman, my favorite mid size Fiddleback because the handle fits my hand like a glove.

24793667247_fa6e981ce1_k_d.jpg

Last but not least, something from the Far East - Japan. Handforged Toyokuni Hunting Tosa 210 in Blue2 steel. The sheath and blade are very traditional. The sheath is surprisingly well made. I wasn’t expecting the blade to fit so well in it.

25790457658_1631ee7e12_k_d.jpg

38953578424_21cdf46981_k_d.jpg

First mail call of 2018.

One of them is the Mamushi from @Osprey Knife & Tool. I am a fan of Chris’s work too. This is my 2nd piece from Chris with Koa handle. I really dig the Koa handle.

39662644501_a797a6607b_k_d.jpg

Next up is the Woodsman, my favorite mid size Fiddleback because the handle fits my hand like a glove.

24793667247_fa6e981ce1_k_d.jpg

Last but not least, something from the Far East - Japan. Handforged Toyokuni Hunting Tosa 210 in Blue2 steel. The sheath and blade are very traditional. The sheath is surprisingly well made. I wasn’t expecting the blade to fit so well in it.

25790457658_1631ee7e12_k_d.jpg

38953578424_21cdf46981_k_d.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Spectacular set Don!

F90BBF79-7C8D-482B-8B94-A80A3057A572.jpeg 0A8BAACE-15BB-4BEC-B448-5A55B501DBE0.jpeg 48857159-1CBC-4E45-8AF7-622BB37BD7D3.jpeg I’m relatively new to fixed blades, but with forum members help and input, I have narrowed to my preferences to several quality makers, with CPK being one of my favorites.

I’m also fond of the blades from Big Chris. Here’s one of his 10V blades with black ash Burl scales and G10 liners. It has a 5” blade and is an awesome slicer.

I’m also fond of the blades from Big Chris. Here’s one of his 10V blades with black ash Burl scales and G10 liners. It has a 5” blade and is an awesome slicer.

Beautiful blade! You wouldn't happen to have one of his Voyagers?

Back