Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

LpfxYZ1.jpg

Hello everyone :)

Well here’s one I have and I’d like to ask what is it lol :) I know it’s a butterfly knife, I know it’s older and Bali-song. Any specific model or value ? If I’m posting this in the wrong place kindly remove :) I just figured I would give here a shot. Since we have such a great community going on here with many knowledgeable Knife nuts :)
Here’s some pics and also posted in Benchmade area.
55B52C5B-DDB2-433E-BD3B-D8BD3C6F5AF2.png 56FAFCDD-678E-4DC6-9BBE-6F181689BE7A.png B8F20504-9AD1-462E-B6F9-45E0DB854E59.png 862BC8AB-F9AB-4D83-AD32-39B8A879C964.png

Benchmade 45s

Handles are 17-4PH Stainless Steel
Blade Style - Weehawk Combo
Blade steel - Sandvik 12 C27 Stainless
Blade lenth 4"
I believe they came out in 1995.
MSRP 109.95

What makes this knife stand out from other balis.
Is the stamped logo
Hidden pins

Oh wow thank you !!!
I knew it was older :)
As that’s the time frame I bought all kinds of knives lol :)

Were / are they collectible ? Or is it something to just have fun with :)

They are the predecessor to the world famous 42.(sometimes gets confused for a 42 for how similar they look)
Still very collectable and still flip pretty well for having Stainless Steel handles.
Judging from how yours look. Depending on if you have the box and cocoon Sheath can go for $250- $350 and that $250 is more of a quick sell price for just the knife only.
Honestly you have kept in in such immaculate condition. That flipping that thing would be Taboo.

They are the predecessor to the world famous 42.(sometimes gets confused for a 42 for how similar they look)
Still very collectable and still flip pretty well for having Stainless Steel handles.
Judging from how yours look. Depending on if you have the box and cocoon Sheath can go for $250- $350 and that $250 is more of a quick sell price for just the knife only.
Honestly you have kept in in such immaculate condition. That flipping that thing would be Taboo.

Double wow ! Thanks
Yes I do have the sheath it didn’t fair as well as it was stuffed in a box. The knife was kept oiled and in safe. Flipping is not an option as I already stabbed my finger lol. Point thing for sure lol. I’ll look for the box but back then boxes got treated like Christmas wrapping paper lol.
Thanks a bunch greatly appreciated :)

Hey guys,

Thinking about picking up a Microtech Socom Alpha - fixed for a urban-esq tanto. However I haven’t been able to find much on the quality of HT/RC level that MT runs their Elmax at.

Anyone have any experience as far as edge holding/wear resistance on them?

Cheers
Andy

Back