Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Brian Goode Custom.
Have had one of his older Companions in the same green/black linen micarta with copper fittings (one of my favourite combos) since 2006 and still going strong. It may be O1 but however he heat treats the steel, holds an edge incredibly.

2A4BA199-6416-4DF6-B7C7-1D023B2F0FF2.jpeg

^ Nice! I like his knives too. I think he differentially heat treats them.

Brian Goode in green/black linen micarta, O1, and mosiac pins.
fjQGBcA.jpg

PyKtPsr.jpg

Brian Goode and Jeremy Horton collaboration in O1 and carbon fiber.
G5xjmLd.jpg

Last edited:

I am now dreaming of holding that Best in one hand and something like that Branson in the other, Lorien. That piece is what made me immediately think of the Best. Not sure why, because they are very different pieces in many respects. Probly 'cause they are both similar length?

Last edited:
^ Nice! I like his knives too. I think he differentially heat treats them.

Brian Goode in green/black linen micarta, O1, and mosiac pins.
fjQGBcA.jpg

PyKtPsr.jpg

Brian Goode and Jeremy Horton collaboration in O1 and carbon fiber.
G5xjmLd.jpg

Man that is a nice Companion; the mosaics really set it off.
Mine is configured the same as the Combat Companion: green/black linen with copper loveless

I am now dreaming of holding that Best in one hand and something like that Branson in the other, Lorien. That piece is what made me immediately think of the Best. Not sure why, because they are very different pieces in many respects. Probly 'cause they are both similar length?
to my eye, the profile of the blade is very close, if you held a mirror to the Best I think you'd see what I mean. There is a reason our eyes are drawn to particular combinations of curves, and when it comes right down to it- like just about everything we humans do- it's all about being horny as hell

I just traded into this Koenscraft. A few years ago I was going to do a project with this maker, and it didn't pan out. But, this has always been a little bit of a grail for me. I've wanted a big, bad fighter from him for awhile. This knife will get fixed handles with ironwood burl and mosaic pins. It arrived yesterday and it is a stunning piece of hardware! Gives you that feeling of wanting to go wreck some chit.

5p18Rsw.jpg

Th
I just traded into this Koenscraft. A few years ago I was going to do a project with this maker, and it didn't pan out. But, this has always been a little bit of a grail for me. I've wanted a big, bad fighter from him for awhile. This knife will get fixed handles with ironwood burl and mosaic pins. It arrived yesterday and it is a stunning piece of hardware! Gives you that feeling of wanting to go wreck some chit.

View attachment 1015996
That is one freakin' BEAUTIFUL knife!

Back