Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Mike, thanks for the heads up. I have always liked Bing's/Lorien's stuff and was already quite familiar with their Roundhouse design. And this Bokker piece, what with carbon fiber, is just too good to pass up. It will be the only factory folder I own, but precisely what I like. I, too, just ordered one.

sweet! Thanks guys :)
unfortunately, these knives can't be imported in Canada from the US due to our dumb trade 'dispute'. I have five waiting for me next time I get to the states

Very cool knife! Materials, steel, and design are spot on. I’d be getting one too, but they put the clip on the wrong side!

ETA: I’ll probably still get one to check out and then gift it to somebody.

My pleasure! You’re welcome Bob, and Lorien. My sentiments, also, Bob. Though I have quite a few production folders, this one, having roots from Lorien and Bing, has a special attraction.

Hope you can cut a hole in the barbed wire and visit soon, Lorien :D!

Clip on the wrong side! Doh, what were they thinking! Maybe they can remedy this situation in the near future. Mike

Cool man, D2, my favorite. I just ordered one. :thumbsup:

I would be curious as to what you think of the Boker D2 when you get it in hand and test it. I read somewhere that you had opined, D2 was like sausage or something like that. In fact, think that you may have been referring to Chinese made D2.

Yeah, Roundhouse.......
View attachment 1034490
......might need to get one of dem' Bokers too, though.

Edit: Yep, placed order when I read that Bing's share will be going to his family. All I needed to see.

Good of you to have posted that. In this case, I’ll also order a couple of these to pass along as Christmas gifts :thumbsup:

from what I understand, Boker ran 500 of these. Originally only available in Germany, Boker USA received their first shipment recently- in fact, I bought the first six :) I hope they keep running out and have to make more!

from what I understand, Boker ran 500 of these. Originally only available in Germany, Boker USA received their first shipment recently- in fact, I bought the first six :) I hope they keep running out and have to make more!

I think that Mike’s post in here may have helped to move along about 10 of these, a number which I hope our other good forumites consider at least doubling up. It’s really not about the royalties but he remembrance of your friend.

Come on guys, giddy up! Edited to add, out of stock already ;)

Last edited:
well, it kinda is about the royalties, in that Bing and I had agreed to split them if we ever got the opportunity. Bing gave up his well paying job to pursue knife making full time, so anything that can come of his work at this point will be of some help to his family. The royalties are pretty small, (unless we're talking 1000s of knives per run) but every little bit helps. I'm currently working toward a transition in my career, and while the royalties are quite helpful, it's the reputation and name recognition which will best float that boat. But, yeah, it's nice to make a little money when I can, especially considering we get by on very little of it

Uncle MoFo
V0pyWzp.png
Oli Chit :eek:

https://www.gpknives.com/boker-roun...224633125&mc_cid=3a9de479d3&mc_eid=9014bbf545

I think that GP Knives is a member here.
Lorien has mentioned this one from Boker that was designed by himself and Bing. Made for Boker in China, for $75.00? Looks pretty darn attractive to me. I’m going for one. Mike

Just got mine in the mail. Because it looks exactly like the images in the link, no reason to post pics, but I can say that it is one helluva knife for $75, feels great in the hand, nothing but superlatives for one of the few factory knives I ever owned. And sharp enough to do push cuts.

Last edited:
Just got mine in the mail. Because it looks exactly like the images in the link, no reason to post pics, but I can say that it is one helluva knife for $75, feels great in the hand, nothing but superlatives for one of the few factory knives I ever owned. And sharp enough to do push cuts.

Great to hear, Bob. Thank you for the once over. Always appreciated. I’m guessing mine should be here soon.

Mike

sweet! Thanks guys :)
unfortunately, these knives can't be imported in Canada from the US due to our dumb trade 'dispute'. I have five waiting for me next time I get to the states

It really is to bad these aren’t available in Canada. They look great and I would have liked to add one to the collection.

Back