Best 1hp vfd ??

I've used kbac24 and 27 are any of the digital readout ones worth it?

Gonna be for a 1hp disc grinder build

I've always thought the KBAC series was the best VFD around, but hadn't thought about it not having a digital readout. I only use the cheap Chinese VFDs that do have a digital readout. With the 2X72 grinders I set the digital readout to display SFPM belt speed, while for the disk grinder I display RPM.

Can you get by without the display? Sure, but I do find it handy.

I don't know off-hand what the price difference is since I bought my KDBA24 used, but some things that I've enjoyed about it: built in switches for start/stop, fwd/rev, and all of the options are available without having to open up the enclosure. It has a speed pot. on it, but it's a bit smaller than the KBAC. I've also made the display read in SFPM which feels more intuitive to me rather than just % of max speed or hz that you get with the KBAC. Hope this helps!

KDBA24? I'm not familiar that brand. If it's got built inn switches and speed knob sure would be nice. What type of enclosure does it have? I've always used the cheap Chinese VFDs and added inlet filters, switches, and pot. As Count says, sure don't like using the little buttons on faceplate for control.

I do like that VFD you linked to because it's got the pot already on it. This is the one I ordered for the last couple I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302145135626?

While it doesn't have the speed knob, it's easy installed right on front. Like the one you linked to it has START, STOP, REV, ect on the front panel, but I still prefer to mount external FOR/STOP/REV switch for the the controls. Since it really needs an external OFF/ON switch to disconnect the power so it doesn't have to be plugged up each time, it's an easy task to add the 3-position switch.

Isn't it amazing how cheap those VFD drives are getting these days?

Ken H>

KDBA24? I'm not familiar that brand. If it's got built inn switches and speed knob sure would be nice. What type of enclosure does it have? I've always used the cheap Chinese VFDs and added inlet filters, switches, and pot. As Count says, sure don't like using the little buttons on faceplate for control.

The KDBA24 is just the digital version of the KBAC24, same NEMA4 enclosure, but with a digital display, smaller speed pot, and buttons built in rater than modular switches and jumpers.

I do like that VFD you linked to because it's got the pot already on it. This is the one I ordered for the last couple I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302145135626?

While it doesn't have the speed knob, it's easy installed right on front. Like the one you linked to it has START, STOP, REV, ect on the front panel, but I still prefer to mount external FOR/STOP/REV switch for the the controls. Since it really needs an external OFF/ON switch to disconnect the power so it doesn't have to be plugged up each time, it's an easy task to add the 3-position switch.

Isn't it amazing how cheap those VFD drives are getting these days?

Ken H>

Good point. I just leave them on all the time anyway.

Back