Best chopper?

Thank you Rick!

Yes, we are very sorry that you've had such a dangerous experience with our product and wish to make it right. In order for that to happen you must contact Auntie Yangdu with explanation and pictures. In fact, in an event such as this, we ask that customers first contact Auntie about their problem, so that it can be addressed and rectified, before they come here to post on the forum.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/903477-Warranty-Issues

As Stickfed has stated, we also recommend that your newly purchased khukuri be given some controlled "testing" to hopefully reveal any problems before actual usage. As you know, these are handmade items, made by fallible humans. We do our utmost to insure quality, but by the nature of the beast, there will be some that get thru even our best QC.

We would wish to settle this amicably and make you whole on your purchase if you will allow us to, but you must first contact Auntie at himimp@aol.com, so that she can address it.

This one appeared to have some chopping potential.

67734_1582451235709_1068564063_31583561_2636388_n.jpg

66590_1582451475715_1068564063_31583562_3787668_n.jpg

Now that looks like something id be very interested in, is there anything made by HI these days thats very similiar?

theAntihero,
I'm assuming that the khukuri that Howard is holding is indeed a Super Salyan. One of the originals rarely comes up for sale. I thought I had heard that they were special ordered at one time. Whether or not they can be ordered now would have to be directed to Yangdu for an answer.

FYI, here is Uncle Bill's posting on receiving the first of these beasties:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/126087-Here-s-the-18-inch-Salyan-pix

Now that looks like something id be very interested in, is there anything made by HI these days thats very similiar?

Well, that one in the photo is Kami Sherpa's. If you want one like it, BirGorkha has a model close at hand. You might speak to Yangdu about having one special ordered.

tao-m, I am very sorry to hear the blade faild. Send the broken blade back to HI and I will pay for the postage and send you a replacement.

Back