Best EDC Cargo pants/shorts?

I recently thought about removing weight from what i normally carry but then consider maybe there are better weighs ;) of carrying EDC items like knifes,tools,flashlights,etc

Anyone have suggestions? I haven't started looking for shorts yet.

I did some amazon research and found these 2 at the top of my list
5.11 tac lite pro - good amount of separate pockets, knee pad option, and the back pocket design looks like the first usable design so you don't have to take everything out when you sit down
Link removed, read the site rules.

Carhartt cargo ripstop
2nd choice - less pockets, unusable back pocket, but i like the straight cut on part of the front pockets
Link removed.

Duluth Trading. Very comfortable. Fire hose cloth. Last forever.--KV

These are by far the way to go for me multiple pockets to organize whatever your carrying ,super comfortable, flexible carhartt like material. Give them a try i promise you wont regret it. I liked them enough to get multiple pairs in shorts and pants.

Thanks for all the response, I was able to look at a few at a 'work gear' type store and found i really liked the pro lite as much as i thought i would and the back pockets are in fact usable so i ordered 1 pair.
Not many if any stores carry these kind of pants locally.

I'll second (third? Wait, fourth) Duluth Trading Company Firehose pants. Get the originals if you want something heavier weight and more indestructible, but the flex fit ones are almost as tough and I find them more comfortable for casual wear.

I really like Tru-Spec 24/7 pants, mainly because of the dedicated small "knife pockets" located just behind each front pocket. I still carry my folder in my right front pocket, but I find these small pockets perfect for my flashlight (Surefire Aviator) and Victorinox Swisstool. In fact, I'm to the point where pockets like these are pretty much necessary for me in pants, as I can't carry the things I want they way I want without them.

The problem for me is that most of these types of shorts (including Tru-Spec) are just way too short for my preferences. So what I ended up doing was taking some Truspec 24/7 pants to a seamstress and having her make them into shorts for me with a longer outseam. It may sound strange to go to such lengths (no pun intended) for a pair of cargo shorts, but honestly I couldn't be happier with the results. I have a variety of colors from plain grey to camo and I wear them pretty much daily in the warmer months. They don't scream tactical pants, and they suit me perfectly whether grabbing a casual bite to eat or on trails hiking/camping. Most importantly though I was able to find an option for me that both works as an everyday pair of shorts and still carries my EDC gear the way I like to.

Another vote for the LAPG pants. Wear 'em everyday in the office and doing field inspections. Plenty of pockets, I like the operator tactical model with lower leg pockets best. For less than $25, you can't go wrong. FYI, I can wear 38" but order 40" for iwb carry.

Back