Best EDC

Now carrying my PM2 satin along with my Sage 1. I think this will be a perfect combo for me.

I think that the Stretch 2 in either steel is just about perfect for me, the Delica 4 ffg is the same. The only thing that keeps me from saying the Sage series is that i think the blade is to thick for a lot of what i do.

That is a VERY broad question. "Best" is relative to your personal tastes, budget, local laws, ect. But, it is a great question and all comes down to what you like! For me, that is the Spyderco Southard (perfect size, materials, quality...) I would also say the Endura or Delica would make an excellent EDC as well. Go with what you like.:thumbup:

just order the Manix which will go into the rotation right away.....Starting on Wednesday.

For most I think the Para 2 would be hard to beat as an EDC.

The PM 2, Military, and Sage are my favorite's, and I carry each about the same amount of time.

I have other Spyderco's I carry, but not near as much as those three.

Lately my EDC has rotated between Sage 1 and Caly 3 (either the CF or SB). And since I've picked it up, a Balance has been in the watch pocket regardless of what's in the LFP.

Para2 is hard to beat.
I carry a Para2 and one of Endura/Police G10/Ulize daily and Native5 for traveling in Asia.

Well. Yesterday I carried my Waved Endura, Military and Spyderfly. Today will probably be my Waved Endura, Military and PM2.

Para2 is hard to beat.
I carry a Para2 and one of Endura/Police G10/Ulize daily and Native5 for traveling in Asia.

agreed. I carried mine for the first time in a while today and man this knife has the best ergo's. Love my new Southard too.

I typically carry a VG-10 Caly 3.5 or a FFG Endura; occasionally a Tenacious. For the odd time I dress-up I slip the Sage 1 in my pocket.

While at home, I always have an older PE CMP 440V Native on me. I've owned for it years, use the knife daily, and perhaps have sharpened it no more than 10 times. It holds a good edge for a ridiculously long period !

Last edited:
When I was carrying/EDCing a smaller Spyder the one that I really loved in that size range was my ZDP-189 Burgundy Caly Jr. It was the very first folder that Spyderco ever made with ZDP-189 and it was an extremely handy little guy to have.

I've had many Spyderco folders I've EDCed over the years.. I've EDCed the JD Smith, The Renegade, The C-44 Dyad, G-10 Harpy, The Dodo, The Military XHP, The Rhino Horn Lil T, and here lately I've been playing with the C-111 Captain quite a bit.

There are so many excellent Spyders to EDC that it's really whatever appeals to you the most. There have been excellent models mentioned. One model I plan on getting here really soon is the Sprint Run of the C-54 original full sized Calypso model. I'll probably be toten it for a long time when I get it. JD

~7 Inches seems to be the best size for inconspicuous carry for my finding
around a 3 inch blade of courseT
hat fits a Delica perfectly
However I love carrying my Para2

Of all my knives my Blue PM2 sees the most pocket time, more even than my XM18. I can't wait to get my Caly 3, it may replace the PM2 and when I order a Southard the PM2 will certainly get a run for its money. I also carry an orange ladybug salt on my keys everywhere I go.

For me it's either the Centofante 3, or the Manix 2 lightweight.

1.Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189
2.Techno
3.Caly 3 VG-10
4.Gayle Bradley
5.Para 2 M390

The great majority of time I'm limited to folders with blade lengths of 3" or less in L.A. so I'll just list those:

• Caly 3 CF
  • Caly 3 CF DAM
  • Sage 1
  • Sage 2
  • Chaparral CF
  • Chaparral TI
  • Techno
  • Leaf Storm
  • Native 5 Fluted TI
  • Air Bradley
  • Delica 4 TI DAM

I also have a LadyBug 3 Tattoo on my keychain.

I love my Delica and Endura, but there are so many good ones out there. You can not leave out the Para 2 and I want to get my hands on a Domino and Southard.

The Endura.....Great steels, ZDP-189, VG-10, Super Blue.....grinds.... FFG and Saber.....then you have a Wave option. Plus they won't break the bank.

Back