Recommendation? Best High End Flipper?

The We 703 is a nice knife that carries very small for a 3.5"+ slightly Persian style blade (the one palonej pictured is actually a 606). ;)

My favorite for smooth flipping action is my We 615. Has an absolutely perfect detent in my opinion. I can get it to open just hard enough that the blade seems to almost float open, but rarely can I put too light a pressure on the flipper that the blade doesn't flip all the way open. Ergonomics are simple and give the right balance between not feeling the lockbar while gripping the knife yet still having no issues disengaging the lock to close the knife (the textured milling on inside part of the lockbar is a nice touch). It's probably my favorite overall knife if I don't consider rough cutting tasks.

If you can wait a few months, or consider it for a future purchase, check out the Skaha by North Arm knives...excellent little g10 flipper with a s35vn blade. Nick Shabazz did a review that has them back ordered a few months. I received mine yesterday two weeks ahead of schedule in perfect condition, so I know the extra load hasn't had a negative affect on quality. It sounds awesome in his review, but once you handle it . . . . wow!!

My vote goes to the Hinderer XM-18. I love mine, I have the 3" version. Here is a review - Hinderer XM-18 3-Inch Review. It is really overbuilt and pretty heavy, but if you want a knife that you can drop onto concrete without it breaking - then it is perfect.

lol at the 3" XM18 being pretty heavy
(I suppose it could be noticeable if one usually carries a smallish traditional...or the XM is coppered to the max)

I LOVE MY FORTIS BY FERRUM FORGE, ONE OF MY FAVORITE FLIPPERS I OWN. I ALSO WOULD RECOMMAND BRIAN NADEAU, SHARP BY DESIGN MINI TYPHOON BOTH GREAT KNIVES !

Liong Mah Lanny Folder: http://www.liongmah.com/

Right in your price range. Held one at G9 last weekend and would have bought one had I not already blown my budget on a Pena and Thorburn. If you stretch your budget a little, you could get a used G10 Thorburn. Andre makes some of the best flippers you can get.

I would not call zt0456 high end, but it has a superb flipping action. I think Zt nailed it with that one. I swear it flips just by looking at it. Sometime I flip it before the thought occurred in my head. Yes it's that good.

Liong Mah Lanny Folder: http://www.liongmah.com/

Right in your price range. Held one at G9 last weekend and would have bought one had I not already blown my budget on a Pena and Thorburn. If you stretch your budget a little, you could get a used G10 Thorburn. Andre makes some of the best flippers you can get.

I'll vouch for that Liong Mah. Great blade.

According to many the Grimsmo Norseman is one of the best flippers. It feels like the blade is levitating between the scales.

On the real though my most useful and best flipper is my middle finger.

Thanks to this thread I bought the liong mah Lanny. I still think zt0456 might be a touch better. Might be because the blade is heavier. Liong is running a special on lanny at $375 so I figured why not. It is a cool knife. Could use sharpening. The action is smooth like baby's butt.

The olamic247 came to mind first followed by the xm18(3.5in).
I dont know if you would consider the zt0920 "high end" but its the the smoothest flipper I've ever owned at any price point.
Les George makes fantasic flippers at your price point. The zt0920 was a les george collab.
Lastly if you want to spend an extra 50-70$ you can get a Southard.
These are just what sprang to mind.

My vote goes to the Hinderer XM-18. I love mine, I have the 3" version. Here is a review - Hinderer XM-18 3-Inch Review. It is really overbuilt and pretty heavy, but if you want a knife that you can drop onto concrete without it breaking - then it is perfect.
I dissagrer about the hinderer being heavy. I edc one in sweat pants or gym shorts and have no noticable "weight"

Funny you should mention this. I've started buying and selling knives on eBay to fuel my knife addiction lol. I picked up a ZT0452CF today for a ridiculous price. I'm amazed I was able to list it. The knife is absolutely beautiful. It's so big, but balances so well. Those KVT bearings are where it's at. Blade was so big and so smooth. Even new, they come in far under budget. Might be worth looking into.

Ended up putting it up though, mainly because I'm not a big CF fan. Just really prefer G10 or micarta. Guess I'm the minority. And, I also bought a benchmade auto stryker the other day that I couldn't bring myself to sell. I've always wanted one and just couldn't resist keeping it. My wife would kill me if I kept another. Lol

I have never owned one but hear the ZT 0801 is one of the best production flippers and its a ZT great warranty and though. Maybe the new one with the holes in it.

Back