Recommendation? Best High End Flipper?

I have never owned one but hear the ZT 0801 is one of the best production flippers
I've seen several people make that comment ... some even saying that it is the standard by which they judge other flippers. I've got one, and I liked it; but I don't quite share that viewpoint. (Liked, because there are at least a handful of flippers that I like more...and the 0801 is far enough down on the favorites list that I had posted it for sale a few weeks ago.)
I'm still deciding how I feel about my Olamic (Wayfarer) 247.

After reading this read reminds me of how little I know about folders. I guess I stuck to the catagory that I could afford. Time to start learning about this catagory.

IMG_3028.jpg IMG_3029.jpg IMG_3030.jpg My Vespa flips better than my ZT 801, but it has 72 balls. The 801 tops the Vespa in steel, S-110-V vs M390.

Can a knife be too smooth? Fondling my ZT 0801 right now and feeling there is no resistance while opening and closing the blade (except when the detent ball goes out of the hole and when it travels up to the blade).

Can a knife be too smooth? Fondling my ZT 0801 right now and feeling there is no resistance while opening and closing the blade (except when the detent ball goes out of the hole and when it travels up to the blade).

I'd say that is personal preference. Some people might like the bearing 0 resistance feeling. Personally, I find knives that are flawlessly smooth, but have some resistance (hydraulic feel) the most attractive. You can feel the machined perfection.

I wouldn't call any of the Hinderer's or ZT's high-end. RJ Martin Q36 would be the high end best action that comes to my mind or Shirogorov 95's

I am by no means an experienced user, but I have had a chance to try/use the following flippers:
  • Freeman 451 button lock - incredibly smooth (zero resitance) BIG knife (thick long handle allows for a safe grip). Very solid. Not exactly an EDC for the city. Would make a great working knife.
  • Southard Tolk - very nicely done knife, very elegant blade design. I sold it later as I found to too big for my tast. Apparently smaller version was made and is available now. That could be just it.
  • Giant Mouse GM3 - I got it only recently. And love it. Yes - the blade edge at the heel could be a little deeper inside the frame when closed, but I am willing to live with that. Flipping action is smooth. The handle sits so well in hand. The blade has for my taste just the right size (could be even a touch smaller for the handle). The clip works like a charm. And. The flipping action is sooo nice. I am going to keep it for a long time. Smoothness is comparable to sebenza, everything else is better :p

I'm confused. Either I didn't understand the original question. I am not a big fan of the knife I'm suggesting but nobody has mentioned the Chris Reeves Sebenza series. I don't particularly like the design but most owners agree that it is as well made as they were led to believe and the warranty is excellent. I also have another suggestion but will refrain from saying it out loud because he has been accused of and admitted that he lied to the knife community about his service record in the armed forces. Personal issues aside his knives are built very solidly and are surprisingly comfortable.

According to many the Grimsmo Norseman is one of the best flippers. It feels like the blade is levitating between the scales.

On the real though my most useful and best flipper is my middle finger.
I have gotten to handle one and they are amazing flippers they feel so smooth but considering a new one is ~$800 if you can catch one and on the used market they are ~$1200 I think that is outside of the OPs price range.

I'm confused. Either I didn't understand the original question. I am not a big fan of the knife I'm suggesting but nobody has mentioned the Chris Reeves Sebenza series. I don't particularly like the design but most owners agree that it is as well made as they were led to believe and the warranty is excellent. I also have another suggestion but will refrain from saying it out loud because he has been accused of and admitted that he lied to the knife community about his service record in the armed forces. Personal issues aside his knives are built very solidly and are surprisingly comfortable.
Neither of those are flippers.

Edit: doh my bad I should have refreshed since you already replied about that.

I am by no means an experienced user, but I have had a chance to try/use the following flippers:
  • Freeman 451 button lock - incredibly smooth (zero resitance) BIG knife (thick long handle allows for a safe grip). Very solid. Not exactly an EDC for the city. Would make a great working knife.
  • Southard Tolk - very nicely done knife, very elegant blade design. I sold it later as I found to too big for my tast. Apparently smaller version was made and is available now. That could be just it.
  • Giant Mouse GM3 - I got it only recently. And love it. Yes - the blade edge at the heel could be a little deeper inside the frame when closed, but I am willing to live with that. Flipping action is smooth. The handle sits so well in hand. The blade has for my taste just the right size (could be even a touch smaller for the handle). The clip works like a charm. And. The flipping action is sooo nice. I am going to keep it for a long time. Smoothness is comparable to sebenza, everything else is better :p
Only issue I had with my GM3 is accesing the liner lock with my finger. They could have cut out a bigger groove for easier access. That why I ended up selling mine.

Only issue I had with my GM3 is accesing the liner lock with my finger. They could have cut out a bigger groove for easier access. That why I ended up selling mine.
Interesting...I've never had a problem unlocking the GM3 using my thumb. Honestly, the GM3 is one of my 3 favorite knife purchases of 2017...but I can relate - what should have been an easy tie to the GM3 (for me)has an edge that just hits one finger wrong, and it went the way of your GM3.

ZT 0452
any smartly tuned and lubricated Hinderer (like in, not over torqued, given a few weeks of break in time and the use of a quality oil or grease).

Depends of what kind of fidgeting feeling you're looking for tho. I like as much the blazing speed of my ZT as I like the massive impact the blade of Hinderer's generate on the handle.

Back