Best keychain knife 2017

I like keychain knife, it can be very useful in places you can’t carry a regular blade or in situations you can’t cause scary.
Currently on the market there are keychains that contain besides the blade, other tools that may prove to be useful.
In your opinion what’s the best keychain knife today?
Why?...
Ergonomic?
Blade steel?
Price?
Blade shape?
Contains other tool?
Overall quality?

Personally I have the little SAK classic. It is not a great knife if it is your only knife, but it makes a good backup. Plus you get the tweezers, toothpick, scissors and screwdriver/nailfile which are always handy. The only problem is the blade opens out the wrong side so it opens towards your keychain.

You could also try attatching a little knife like a Fred Perrin Le Shark to your keychain. The TOPs ALRT is a good keychain knife/ scraper.

Then there are mini modern folding knives like the Spyderco Manbug or even a Cold Steel micro Recon 1. Apparently the mini Recon 1 is quite tough for a little knife.

A Victorinox Classic rides on my key ring, sometimes swapped by a Schrade LB1. I am not arguing "best", rather each is smaller than my car fob, so they are never in the way.

For a SAK, take a look at the Rambler.

It's a bit thicker than the Classic, but it's worth it. It adds a cap lifter/Philips screwdriver/wire stripper tool that's simply genius.

The knife and scissors on the Rambler have the pivot on the opposite side of the keyring, which kind of corrects a problem I see in the Classic.

I'm going to grab a Rambler in Alox if I ever find one.

For a SAK, take a look at the Rambler.

It's a bit thicker than the Classic, but it's worth it. It adds a cap lifter/Philips screwdriver/wire stripper tool that's simply genius.

The knife and scissors on the Rambler have the pivot on the opposite side of the keyring, which kind of corrects a problem I see in the Classic.

I'm going to grab a Rambler in Alox if I ever find one.

I've always found the blade to be the least useful tool of the Classic, not in small part due to its placement right next to the keyring. It's been years since I've carried a SAK keychain - I find the Leatherman Squirt PS4 close to perfect (again though, the blade is the least useful tool because it sucks). I've more recently been carrying a Spyderco Honeybee on my keyring as well.

I carry the victorinox mini-champ. It is an awesome little guy. It is about the same size as the classic, just thicker. It has two blades, scissors, file, screwdriver, tweezers, retractable ballpoint pen, bottle opener, ruler, and a few more. So, i don't carry a pen unless i am at work because my mini champ has a very usable pen built in.

If we are talking strictly keychain I too have a classic SD riding on it.

The Squirt(!:D) PS4 is always with me as long as I wear pants with a coin/watch pocket.

Boker KeyCom is a nice one for just a single blade. Victorinox Alox Mini Champ is what is on my key ring right now. I have no idea what is "best." You'll have to figure that out for yourself.

Can't go wrong with a SAK Classic. I keep one on my regular keychain always. I would go with a Leatherman Squirt instead for the pliers, bottle opener, etc. if I didn't use the tweezers on the SAK so much.

Also the H1 manbug. really a lot of choices, it really more depends on what you want. The leatherman style tools are pretty decent as well, but I can understand why the micra is more popular around the forum.

How are the Ladybug, Manbug, Grasshopper and tiny Bug as keychain knives? They should release the LB, GHopper and Bug gift box jn like S110v or Maxamet or something, guarenteed sold out 1st day!

I like the Spyderco Cricket. Great size for a keychain, very secure detent so it won't open accidentally, and the shape is awesome for opening packages.

I like my SOG keyknife. $8 at Walmart. Scary sharp too. I also have a little OTF with a sub 2" blade I carry too.

Back