Best knife to wrap with paracord?

Any suggestions on knives to buy, just to wrap the handle in paracord, particularly looking for knives where the handle comes off to reveal the metal underneath, such as how dive knives work. I want to wrap it like Striders, for example...

For that matter, does anyone know of a good How-To on wrapping? I'd be interested.

Recon, why buy a blade with a handle? You gotta pay for that material obviously, so go for a skelotonized knife.

A CRKT Ryan Plan B makes a good cord wrapping project. Just take the handle scales off and go to town. I got one at a gun show for $20! There is a good cord wrapping how to out there somewhere done by Running Dog knives. I just don't have the URL handy...

I bought a Camillus Arc Lite and when I got it, I realized that the handle was entirely too thin for me. So I took some paracord and wrapped it up. Now it's a lot more comfortable. However, there's not a whole lot of handle to wrap since the knife isn't that big.

do the strider knives have the weave pattern on both sides of the handle. This pics are a little unclear as well as the how to. I wrapped a handle with the braid on both sides but it took a while and the help of someone else, but it looks sweet.

Since i have never held one and only recently found out about these knives i dont know.

what about looking at the knife blanks at Texas knifemakers supply or Jantz you can just buy the blade in whatever steel you want and dont have to remove the handle .... Then you can wrap it however you want. Its gotta be cheaper then actually buying a finished knife and taking the handle off

do the strider knives have the weave pattern on both sides of the handle

Yes...

Recon,

that would be the
"United® Black Uzi® Linerlock with Titanium Nitride Coated Blade"
in the picture. I can't give any opinions yet, i just ordered it the other day, when it arrives i'll be sure to post about it. For more info, go here: http://www.eknifeworks.com/ and type "UZI" in the search box. That's where i ordered from as well, although so far i'm not impressed. NO emails regarding order confirmation, order shipping, nothing. Also it's come to my attn. the steel is 440, and not AUS-8 as advertised. Probably going to hafta write some angry letters once it gets here.

Also, if you like that knife, check out this one:
http://www.steelearms.com/cgi-bin/cart/cart.pl?db=database.dat&search=ZF2BN

I don't recommend Steelearms.com as they are too overpriced for me, but so far, Smokey mountain and Steele are the only ppl selling these (SMKW only has folders right now). I mainly jumped on it so i could get the black 1/1000 numbered model, before they're history.

These definitely are'nt going to be the best of knives, coming from United, but i have a lousy budget, and i'm not planning on using it either. It's cool as a novelty and as 1 of 1000, IMO.

And about skeletonized knives, i'm not even sure what to suggest, practically everyone else here knows much more than me, so i figured i'd leave it to them ;)
make sure you tell em your budget, cuz they'll be recommending $5,000 knives to you :D

P.S. Thanks for the linkage on wrapping Bruz and Modelman38 :)

Here's a stiff kiss wrapped.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dcp_2134a.jpg
    dcp_2134a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 241
Got a grinder?
Why don't you try making a knife yourself?
If you enjoy buying knives then you might have fun trying to design your own. Then you can make the handle look however you want.

Back