Best Looking Spydercos

Wolverine666

Gold Member
It's been said numerous times that Spydercos are ugly. But "ugly" (and "not ugly") are completely subjective terms. My buddy's wife is a beautiful woman. But the minute she opens her mouth , she becomes as attractive as a tape worm. Barely half a brain , no sense of humor whatsoever and a voice that makes me want to fill my ears with hot wax. In other words , looks are only skin deep (IMO).

But there are quite a few Spydercos that I find very aesthetically appealing as well as superbly functional. A few lookers IMO are the Yojimbo2 , Titanium Military (fluted and non-fluted) , Native5 G10 and the Nirvana looks to be a super sexy blade.

So what do you consider to be some of the best looking Spydercos ?

The Vallotton is drop dead gorgeous. I can't believe how nice it is, and no picture can give it justice.

Of course we approach this question with the realization that beauty is highly subjective...

And we also acknowledge the fact that Spyderco fans find aspects of the brand "beautiful" that other folks find "ugly" such as the humped blades and holes and clips...

So I'm trying to think of some of the Ethnic series which may cut across some of those prejudices owing to their time-tested, evolved designs that have made them iconic in their respective cultures...

Ed Schempp's Designs come to mind like the Kris, Bolstered Persian, the Barong, and this one:

4wwfvIR.jpg

Last edited:
Gayle Bradley 1. Used to think it was ugly, but then I bought one, it's gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I like the Sage series as there is no protruding section of the blade to accommodate the Spyderhole and the blade has more belly than most. In spite of the protruding thumbhole on the Gale Bradley I always thought that looked swell too.

Last edited:
Spyderhawk, Superhawk, Navaja, Civilian, Matriarch 2, Lil Matriarch, Ulize, Bob Lum, Lum Tanto, Sprig, Caly 3.5, Calypso, Police, Endura, Rock Salt, ARK for me

20150905_171357_zpszdozxmkk.jpg

No zip ties on any of those, though :D

I like the Sage series as there is no protruding section of the blade to accommodate the Spyderhole

THIS!!!! i find real beauty in the designs where the blade doesn't have to have an awkward hump to accommodate the hole. I particularly find the Native, Sage, and Manix series to be quite beautiful (just a representative list, not a comprehensive list.)

I like most of the fixed blades. The Bushcraft is just flat out gorgeous. I really like the look of the soon to come K11P kitchen knife. Incredibly sleek lines.
(Image borrowed from Knifecenter.com)
K11P.jpg

Last edited:
Spyderhawk, Superhawk, Navaja, Civilian, Matriarch 2, Lil Matriarch, Ulize, Bob Lum, Lum Tanto, Sprig, Caly 3.5, Calypso, Police, Endura, Rock Salt, ARK for me

20150905_171357_zpszdozxmkk.jpg

No zip ties on any of those, though :D

What is the purpose of the zip ties? Does it make opening the knife easier? Wouldn't a thumb stud or disk serve the same purpose better?

Never tried it, but many people swear by adding a zip tie to make it "wave" out of your pocket (a la Emerson).

I very much dislike the zip tie look. The whole "wave" thing comes across as silly to me. But different strokes ...

I hate the whole zip tie thing too. If you want a 'waved' Spyderco.....

IMAG0568.jpg

I think the Native 5 and the blue Ti Chaparral are aesthetically the best looking knives. I do not own either one, however. I do have the CF Chaparral, though, and it is a fine looking knife. I also think the PM2 is a nice design. The Manbug G10 is one of the most pleasing knives to look at and its practical blade and good ergonomics make it a winner.

Polished red G-10 Schempp Persian Sprint...

schempp_01.jpg

Original black Micarta version was no slouch either...

102.jpg

Bolstered Kiwi in CF...

carbon_fiber_kiwi_13.jpg

or Jigged Bone...

tk_ffg_kiwi_02.jpg

The all stainless version was a bit plain, out of the box, but does dress up rather nicely...

antonio_montejano_engraved.jpg

marcus_hunt_engraved.jpg

I'm not crazy about the three "striped" Kopas, or the Black Quince one, but the other twelve vary from reasonably attractive to extremely handsome, at least on the presentation side.

all_16_kopas.jpg

I really like the Military and Para 2. I think they embody the look of Spyderco.

Back