Best made Axes

I take the tenderloins and straps, both front shoulders and back hind two quarters, trim off most if not all the neck meat while caping out the animal. The only “useable” meat that might be left would be the ribs, which after trying and weighing, leave less than 5 lbs. It is wholly legal, efficient, and considered most ethical from my experience. I have found that I lose less meat due to exposure and disturb less nature in doing so.
YouTube has some very neat and descriptive examples if your willing. The whole process takes way less time and gets the meat cooled off way faster, thus, losing/wasting less.

If this is against the rules... please delete link...

In response to items not being wholly made in USA. Yes, I was extremely disappointed my flask was made in England. Still the best/nicest flask I own.

Last edited:
Best-Made-Company-American-Felling-Axe-Price-690x690.png

In response to items not being wholly made in USA. Yes, I was extremely disappointed my flask was made in England. Still the best/nicest flask I own.

Some things literally aren't made in the USA anymore, and may only be made in a few places in the world still, like enamelware. Other things, though, are definitely still made here. Not sure what the flask manufacturing scene is like, personally. :thumbsup:

This thread cracks me up every time I read it. Something ironic about people having enough free time on the Internet to keep coming back here to complain about a company selling stuff they don't deem as useful.

This thread cracks me up every time I read it. Something ironic about people having enough free time on the Internet to keep coming back here to complain about a company selling stuff they don't deem as useful.
I consider this forum an educational tool and humor boosts retention. Some people buy "$6 asp@ragus water" from wh0le p@ychek; those painted axes represent that same kind marketing scheme that deserve jokes

Last edited:
Like the company or not I have been thinking.
As they are C.T. products, still made in the USA, material sourced in the USA...will we be searching for these heads in 50/60 years, well I won't be around to, but the next gen of tool hound?

Aside from that thought one of my son's is in 2nd grade. They have festivities around the holidays and they will send out an online sign up sheet to participate and or volunteer snacks etc...
This afternoon, as I signed up to read the winter themed book to the class I noticed this advert popping up on my screen.

Screenshot_20171211-165445.png

I give kudos to the marketing and advertising team at Best Made for finding me.

Like the company or not I have been thinking.
As they are C.T. products, still made in the USA, material sourced in the USA...will we be searching for these heads in 50/60 years, well I won't be around to, but the next gen of tool hound?

Aside from that thought one of my son's is in 2nd grade. They have festivities around the holidays and they will send out an online sign up sheet to participate and or volunteer snacks etc...
This afternoon, as I signed up to read the winter themed book to the class I noticed this advert popping up on my screen.

Screenshot_20171211-165445.png

I give kudos to the marketing and advertising team at Best Made for finding me.
They've found you!!! .... How do you like your new skinny jeans? :)

I can only get my arms thru the legs of my new jeans;)

I don't compare the product but the marketing scheme. I think of the Kelly Registered or the Black Raven and others, and wonder what the avg Joe user/laborer thought of when they saw one advertised or when their boss or neighbor may have purchased one?

I believe the Registered came nicely packaged in an individual box for the consumer...i may be wrong but thought I read that somewhere.:cool:

You're right. I had forgotten about that. The 1938 True Temper Tools catalog says the Kelly Registered axe was packed in an individual carton.

Thanks for confirming that, I sometimes forget where I read something or if I am piecing together several bits from several sources.

Makes me also wonder what the salesmen for Plumb or Collins would have had at their ready to counter the Kelly marketing of the Registered when they arrived at their clients or prospective customer to see the Registered on display.

Back