Best (new) knives - $10 and under.

Getting a lot of knife out of $10 is a tall order, but it seems there are usable tools to be had. You're probably not going to get anything remarkable but it's usable.

I picked up a Link bout a month ago on clearance at a location I will not disclose for $11. Can't really complain much about that.

Rough Ryder RR603 large stockman; $9.99 (I don't recall if the matching trapper (RR597) and canoe are $9.99 or less.)

Rough Ryder "Zombi Nick" large (4 inch closed) sleeveboard sunfish/toe nail/pocket axe/British Rope Knife/emergency spatula or whatever of the miriad of names the pattern is known as that you prefer. I don't have the RR number handy. $9.99

Rough Ryder Zombie Nick canoe I don't have this RR number handy, either. $9.99

Any of the several Rough Ryder Barlow that cost under $9.99.

(SMKW) Marbles MR278 "Demo"/"G.I. Utility" knife $6.99.

(SMKW) Bundeswehr Cold War Era West German Army Knife $5.99

MAM Operario, large sheepsfoot friction folder. $7.99(?) (the liner lock version is a couple dollars more) (Inox blades only :( )

Opinel number 5 friction folder with "Carbone" blade. under $9.99.
(I don't have a number 5 ... yet, but am guessing it is at least as good as my number 8 with a Carbone blade.)

Cold Steel Kudu? I think you can still get one for $10 or under.

:D

Last edited:
Well - My under $10 knife turned out to be a Mora 511.
It was - way under $10 at - free with my order on a Cyber Monday (I ordered a Benchmade Boost from Blade HQ and they threw in the 511)
I used it to slice an apple for a snack last night & it did ok. Not great, but, ok.

For an inexpensive knife - I have to say - it's a fine little tool.

y7IGtY0.jpg

I don’t think I’ve ever bought knife under ten bucks but this Pfeil carving knife was 12 or so euros.

Mora 511. IMO, you won't find a better knife for less. The handle and sheath leave something to be desired but the steel is more than good enough for daily tasks.

Knifecenter has the rat 1 at $27 shipped. There is no reason to buy cheap garbage or clones!
I saw that deal during Black Friday sales. After reading this, I went to the KC site and the sale price for that Rat 1 is now 22.00! That kind of deal should keep anyone from buying a 10.00 knife. But I still think the better buy might be the Rat 1 with a D2 blade for 39.00. Quality blade.

These can be had for $10. - Schrade Bear Paw with bone scales. I'm awaiting delivery on some that were on sale - $6. each delivered. I'm confident that they will be better than the $4 Walmart pocket knives.

upload_2020-12-6_13-3-12.png

Small multi function folder

<non-supporting vendor link>

$4.00 before the 10% discount. Now beat that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hal
Small multi function folder

<non-supporting vendor link>
I put those types of things in the - better to have this & use it than to try cutting packing tape with a house or car key - category & having a Phillips screwdriver, no matter how rinky-dink it is, is way better than snapping the point off my $150 Benchmade or Spyderco trying to snug up a Phillips screw.
I keep forgetting to add one of those onto my other orders for other stuff.

Either a victorinox classic or an opinel would be my choice. I don't think I would trust anything else that cheap

Occasionally I see discontinued Kershaws on sale for around $10, that would be another option.
Don't buy discontinued knives, They were likely recalled for safety issues. Putting you in danger of injury which could cost more than $300 for stitches and other medical expenses. I would buy knives from a dealer with a good reputation.

Don't buy discontinued knives, They were likely recalled for safety issues. Putting you in danger of injury which could cost more than $300 for stitches and other medical expenses. I would buy knives from a dealer with a good reputation.
Maybe - maybe not - I find Benchmade discontinues really great knives all the time for one reason or another.
The Crawford Leopard Cub is a great example.

Another great knife that was discontinued is the large Reflex & another pair were both sizes of the AFCK.

Not this one, but a few similar ones.
This might be even cheaper: <non-supporting vendor link>
And the Hultafors GK is a great bushcraft knife.

Not this one, but a few similar ones.
This might be even cheaper: <non-supporting vendor link>
And the Hultafors GK is a great bushcraft knife.

The GK is also great for popping open frozen car doors.

A discontinued knife isn't a recall.
Many times a company will discontinue a knife to make room for a new model.

I know. sometimes though knives are discontinued for safety reasons or lack of demand.

Can you give us an example of a knife discontinued for safety reasons?

And an unrelated question...a someone seemingly obsessed with "spam", why would you "Like" a post containing a link to a nonsupporting knife retailer? THAT you didn't consider potentially spammy?

Back