Best (new) knives - $10 and under.

Don't buy discontinued knives, They were likely recalled for safety issues. Putting you in danger of injury which could cost more than $300 for stitches and other medical expenses. I would buy knives from a dealer with a good reputation.

Unsafe :eek: or maybe a company with a bad reputation :confused:
image.jpg
Must be.........it’s discontinued

Reviving this interesting thread...

It's 2023, Mora clones have multiplied, the Mora 511 may still be found under 10$, but I was curious to find the cheapest (and good) fixed knife.

iu

And I found the Bahco 1446 (regular stainless, not the floating version) for less money (actually under 6€ here in France, don't know the US price but should be roughly the same?). Yes this one is China made, mystery stainless steel, not a rebadged Mora. Out of the box, I found the retention in the sheath is better compared to my 511's (mine are quite weak, your MMV).

Also this video shows interesting results regarding edge holding (yes rope cutting tests), for this model.

Just bought a Vic Camper and Executive for like ten Dollars. Eleven with shipping...
Opinel.
Mora Basic.

Got a Buck bantam used for $12. Rusted and pocket worn, left it at my brother's incase I have to fly down instead of driving.

New I think the only option is an opinel. Used you can find plenty of SAKs on eBay for stupid cheap

Well since this thread got resurrected, I decided to go on a Window Shopping Adventure.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures. Sorry.

If you look for "Hyde Tools", you'll find a couple. Waffling about with "mill knife", "hacking knife", or "glazier knife" may also get you some cheap, cheerful, sharp objects that don't care about getting disrespected, if that's what you need.

Our very own FortyTwoBlades is selling Dexter-Russell paring knives on his website for about as few dollars as you can get.

Ontario's Old Hickory knives can be had, new, from the auction site, for about six USD.

Kanetsune sells kiridashis on Knifecenter for just under six, also. Not sure what S&H does to that price.

Our very own FortyTwoBlades is selling Dexter-Russell paring knives on his website for about as few dollars as you can get.
I bought a 3 pack of those knives, dropped one in a leather sheath and take it with me fishing. Those things are awesome, cuts like a lightsaber and cheap enough that if I drop it in the lake it is no great loss.

Back