Best overall Spyderco Bargain?

I think the lightweight series are the best value. I'm pretty partial to the native 5 but also like the manix LW. I've been meaning to try the stretch but haven't found a used one at a price I'm willing to pay that sticks around long enough.

With some of the G10 models moving to LW, I could see a millie LW being pretty sweet but's it's already pretty light already. I could be pretty content in the modern folder department with just my millie and natives. The native salt with some different colors would be nice, but I've already died mine so I wouldn't buy another anyway.

I liked my sage 2 and 3 but ended up selling them. I miss the 3 but the 2 had some big issues with my hand and the lock so I don't miss that one at all. I've been meaning to get the sage 1 as I do like the simplicity of liner locks over frame and compression locks.

I'm so sorry. I mean I don't know how to sensitively break it to everybody here that disagrees with my choices, but I'll try to be gentle and let you down easy......

YOU'RE ALL WRONG.

The disco'd Stretch 2 in G-10 and ZDP for 200 and change is giving them away. Have not had a chance to use mine but the quality rivals many customs I've owned. It's also, easily, the sharpest out-of-the-box folder I've owned.

My vote goes to the para 3 lw or native lw. As far as I’m concerned unless you’re batoning with it they should do the same job as the G10 models, and CTS-BD1N is no slouch.

Now if Sal would just make a Sage I with carbon steel??? (dream...dream...dream...)

How cool is that? Thanks elde66, I had no idea that a Spyderco could show a natural patina.
Now if I could just talk Sal into putting 51200 on a discontinued Sage I. :confused:
Prolly not.

Back