• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Best Physical Knife Stores in U.S.

Plaza Cutlery in LA is lovely store in a fabulous mall. Definitely worth checking out.

@LastRodeo
About 1 year ago. I worked around OKC for a couple years and I used to go by there all the time. The first time I went by there I thought the place was shut down, but the guy just shows up pretty much whenever he feels like it. He sent me a few texts several months ago letting me know he had gotten a bunch of new stuff, but it's too far of a drive from where I live. If there's a white Tahoe outside, he's there. He also had his cell # on the door of the shop.

While not in a large city DLT Trading is located in northern WI, specifically Marinette. We have a showroom and can pull anything from the warehouse to show you as well. Personally I highly recommend the drive around the UP if you like scenic road trips.

I’m coming to the states on holiday from the UK this summer, travelling from Denver to San Fran, via monument valley, Grand Canyon, LA etc.... now I realise this is a huge area, but are there any good brick and mortar stores generally in that direction?
Cheers

I am waiting for a central Fl. Recomendation.
The only central FL recommendation that comes to mind is Ruff's Saddle Shop (Cowboy Knives on Internet) just outside Umatilla in Lake County.

Peterson's Gun Shop on old 441 between Tavares & Eustis has a *small* selection of BM & Kershaws, but there's not a lot to choose from and their inventory is pretty basic stuff. Ruff's will have a broader selection of major brands.

Smitty's in DeSoto, Missouri. I've bough several rare Buck knives from them.

There used to be a knife and barber supply shop in downtown Chicago. I was there once about 1998. I can't remember the name of it (it may be gone now), and Google didn't help. It was a really nice place.

Pekin Gun and Sporting Goods in Pekin Illinois (central Illinois near Peoria). It's a BIG gun shop, but they also have several cases of knives, Benchmade, CRKT, Buck, Case, and loads of military stuff.

Last edited:
1 hour North of Atlanta

Olde Towne Cutlery
4320 Settendown Village Rd Ste 700
Cumming, GA 30041
678-456-8683

Store Hours:Sunday 1-5, Closed on Monday, Tuesday – Saturday 10 – 6

I’m coming to the states on holiday from the UK this summer, travelling from Denver to San Fran, via monument valley, Grand Canyon, LA etc.... now I realise this is a huge area, but are there any good brick and mortar stores generally in that direction?
Cheers
Knife City Outlet outside of Holbrook Arizona on Interstate 40. I stop there when I'm driving to visit relatives in Tucson. Very large inventory of every major brand on display.

Cheers
If you're starting in Denver, I can't recommend enough the roughly thirty minute drive it would take you to drive to Golden, CO and visit the Spyderco factory/ store ( 820 Spyderco Way Golden, CO 80403 ). It's not overwhelming, but all their knives are there, and the people are nice. Golden has a great downtown as well.
A little further south of Denver in Sedalia, CO is Castlegate, which looks to have a pretty varied selection ( https://castlegate.com ), though I have yet to make it in there.
Hope the trip goes well.

Knife City Outlet outside of Holbrook Arizona on Interstate 40. I stop there when I'm driving to visit relatives in Tucson. Very large inventory of every major brand on display.

If you're starting in Denver, I can't recommend enough the roughly thirty minute drive it would take you to drive to Golden, CO and visit the Spyderco factory/ store ( 820 Spyderco Way Golden, CO 80403 ). It's not overwhelming, but all their knives are there, and the people are nice. Golden has a great downtown as well.
A little further south of Denver in Sedalia, CO is Castlegate, which looks to have a pretty varied selection ( https://castlegate.com ), though I have yet to make it in there.
Hope the trip goes well.

Thank you both for this, the knife outlet especially sounds worth a visit. As I hear the Spyderco store charges full msrp on everything.

Cheers

You're going to see so many beautuful things you won't even want to stop to look at knives.

Thank you both for this, the knife outlet especially sounds worth a visit. As I hear the Spyderco store charges full msrp on everything.
The Spyderco SFO was charging MAP, the lowest advertised price allowed when I was there last September. The Manix 2 LW I bought there was within a few dollars of the lowest price I found on line. The extra benefit of seeing virtually every model including oldies, and dealing with the helpful, friendly staff was worth the extra price!

Buck Knives factory store in Post Falls, ID! Take a tour of the factory while you're there!

Country Knives in Lancaster county, PA. It's the only place I can pick up and handle a decent knife before I buy it

House of Blades Fort Worth Tx

https://www.houseofblades.com

STORE INFORMATION
6451 NW Loop 820, Fort Worth, Texas, United States.

Email: shop@houseofblades.com

Toll-free: (888) BLADES

Opening Hours:Monday to Friday: 9:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sundays: 11am - 6pm

Another vote for HOB from me! Right off 820 near the Fort Worth Naval Air Station...lots of knives of many brands and types and also some chances for cool plane spotting as there is a Lockheed F-35 plant there. At various times I have seen: F16s, F35s, USMC F18s (based there), MC130, T-38s, "Spooky planes" unmarked Beechcraft etc.

1 hour North of Atlanta

Olde Towne Cutlery
4320 Settendown Village Rd Ste 700
Cumming, GA 30041
678-456-8683

Store Hours:Sunday 1-5, Closed on Monday, Tuesday – Saturday 10 – 6

Just visited them yesterday for the first time. What a great store. Friendly staff... everyone was greeted and invited to look around and handle whatever we wanted... they have open display cases and a nice sitting/lounging/reading area...

I'll definitely be back!

St nicks knife factory. There are three but I like the one in gulf shores (foley). Small store packed to the hilt with everything from dime store junk to the finest William Henry's and reeves.

Actually four of them now: Hsv, Athens, Foley and Florence. I think the Florence store is pretty new; the Athens and Hsv stores have been here a while.

I got my Benchmade from the Hsv store decades ago, and my WorkSharp from the Athens store about 4 years ago.

https://www.stnicksknives.com/

While not in a large city DLT Trading is located in northern WI, specifically Marinette. We have a showroom and can pull anything from the warehouse to show you as well. Personally I highly recommend the drive around the UP if you like scenic road trips.
Been there a few times and Jordan is both very helpful and patient!

Back