Recommendation? best place to sell knifes fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but his exact words are

I won't deal with someone who repeatedly uses the word "knifes" to refer to knifes

They are the same word.

Hello Andrew, welcome to Bladeforums.

Take a moment, slow down a bit, people tend to make mistakes when they are desperate and in a hurry.

First, the word "knife" , spelled with an "f" refers to one knife. The word "knives" spelled with a "v" refers to multiple knives. This is basic English. The word "knifes", as a reference to multiple knives is simply incorrect and does not exist in the English language.

Second, buying and selling items on the internet involves a certain amount of trust, so naturally people get a bit suspicious whenever anything even hints of a fishy smell (like the combination of being desperate and bad spelling).

Third, bad first impressions are hard to correct, but not impossible. The possibility of stolen knives being sold on this forum is a very sensitive issue, and rightly so. Now I'm not accusing you of anything, you say you purchased your knives from BladeHQ, I have purchased several knives from there myself. BladeHQ maintains customers order records, customers have access to those records online, BladeHQ also sends emails to customers confirming their purchases, if you could perhaps provide screen shots of your BladeHQ order records showing the knives that you are trying to sell, that might ease members minds regarding any concerns they might have that the knives might be stolen. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
ummm thanks for the picture ig but I really don’t understand what your trying to say

It means this has turned into a trainwreck. Heed killgar's and other's words of advice, and welcome to BF!

If you are looking for Christmas money, you still should have enough time not to be desperate and complete the deal properly. Thus continue with your ad, be negotiable , and add your payment info(terms). You will do much better here, facebook, Ebay than a pawnbroker.

Because there's no such thing as knifes....
Oh I see never mind I spelled knives knifes. My bad. I’m am literally the absolute worst for messing up in spelling and placing a f where the v is supposed to be! I don’t blame you for not wanting to buy from someone who would do such a thin it is an absolute horrible thing to do

Oh I see never mind I spelled knives knifes. My bad. I’m am literally the absolute worst for messing up in spelling and placing a f where the v is supposed to be! I don’t blame you for not wanting to buy from someone who would do such a thin it is an absolute horrible thing to do
You should feel sorry. Totally unacceptable. Probably should sell elsewhere, to avoid the shame.
Also, you missed a G.

Where are you located?

People will take you more seriously if you present yourself well. Online, that means using proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Don't just post your stream of consciousness. Slow down, re-read what you write, and correct your mistakes before you hit the "Post Reply" button.

Best and fastest don't often align. The fastest way over a 20ft wall may be catapult but I don't think it's an option many would suggest upon landing. Likewise, as skyhorse mentioned the fastest place to sell your knives would be a pawn shop, but don't expect them to offer you much for them there. This forum can be a great place to sell knives, but keep in mind that it is a community first and foremost. Furthermore, those of us with experience purchasing things from private sellers have learned to buy the seller; so things like appearance, spelling, and just the way you come across in your listing matter. It gives the buyer a sense of how they are going to be treated in the transaction, and how you want them to feel is how you would like to be treated were you the buyer. If they feel like you are putting in minimal effort, and are therefore likely to put in minimal effort shipping the knife and ensuring they are pleased with the transaction, then what incentive do they have to purchase from you over other options?

No one seeing you post is going to even consider purchasing from you, so you should either stop replying and just post an ad, or go elsewhere.

List the knives here, on Reddit r/knife_swap, and on eBay. If the knives are popular models and the price is even close to current market prices they will be sold today.

Some pretty harsh replies here.

Hello Andrew and welcome to BladeForums. You have already purchased a Gold membership which is a very nice start, and we thank you for that.

I understand it’s the Holliday season, times are tough, and you would like to sell items using the forum.

It should be a simple and painless process.

Introduce yourself.
Type clearly and concisely. Ask for help from some of the seasoned members and read the stickies.
Take clear pictures and describe details of the item.
Be truthful.
Use PayPal G&S or agree with the buyer on a payment type.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back