Best production Kershaw currently

My favorite Kershaws right now are the launch 6 & 7. I edc these fairly often.

Bareknuckle. I have a standard and 2 blackout 20cv models (one for use, one for backup). The only problem I have is the standards pivot spins free. My 20cv models are machined better, or the pivot is. Detents are perfect, actions are perfect. The standard is a little off center, but no big deal.

I am hoping they make a blue/black model. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

While I like most all Kershaws, IMHO the Oso-Sweet is one of the best ever produced. I still carry mine a lot (have 3). Of the non-assisted, I like the Atmos. Wish K would make more non-AOs and more flippers. BTW, I have most all of the models mentioned above.
Rich

I too really liked the red blur I used to own. I carried it for two years. Also carried the “Needs Work” for a year and liked it, but it’s discontinued.

I have a bunch that I like. But my Copper Natrix has an action that rivals my ZT's. Looks great, function and lockup simply amazing. A tad small to be my primary EDC, but currently rides backup in opposite pocket. Was excited to see the Cu Natrix coming in the larger sizes. I've always liked the blade and handle shapes of the series. Carried the 0770CF for a while, but don't really care for speedsafe. Even with the slightly smaller handle, still has a great grip, and carries easy. Currently rides opposite my 0456.

ozGtQxn.jpg

I EDC a couple Kershaw knives. My most recent purchase is the Launch 3 model 7300 auto. I have no complaints with any of them.

There is absolutely zero reason to use Speedsafe over KVT. I really hope KAI retires it in favor of Auto and KVT.

I really like the M390 Dividend, I simply tolerate the assist. The Atmos is one of the coolest budget knives I own and it does really well, I'd love to try it in D2 or have a US made version. I can't do a 0470, too expensive for me at this point.

Is Kershaw "cheap" or "not sexy", or do we just have a bunch of snobs up in here? :p

As far as the "good" Kershaws go, I really like the M390 Dividend. I don't love aluminum as a scale material but it is very thin. It also can be carried tip-down. That's not popular for pants pockets but it's a win for shirts and vests. With a free deep-carry clip from Kershaw, this Dividend is a perfect fit for my Canvas shirts. It looks a lot like the pens I'm carrying in the opposite shirt pocket.

As far as 8Cr13Mov goes, I love the Fraxion. It is one of the few flippers that I can carry loose in pocket (clip removed). The detent is really strong out of the box but it breaks in to about perfect. It'll stay closed loose in pocket and open snappily without fail. People have made fun of the goofy-looking shape of the carbon fiber overlay but once you're using it, you'll understand it. It feels good in hand and preserves your grip on the tiny knife. Yeah, I did end up rounding the inner edge of the scales with a file. Sure, I wish they offered it in 14C28N or another better budget steel. It's still a great knife for $20-something.

I just got the M390 knockout from USA Made Blade for my wife, that's a great knife, the best Kershaw I've handled so far.

The 20CV Link they announced at SHOT show is pretty much my ideal Kershaw at this point, my favorite steel, handle material, and color. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually don't mind assisted knives, they're pretty useful for me, I know they'll always open.

Link is nice, but bulky for my needs. The Dividend is a good knife for the money. If you want to up the steel you can get S35V, M390 (what I have) and the upcoming composite version with a D2 edge.

The Leek is another good Kershaw.
This. :thumbsup:

I have a few versions of their Leek, it is a great small model. My favorite is the carbon fiber CPM 154 model.

I really like their Dividend. I started with their basic and have since upgraded to the M390 and the HOB S35VN models. Both are awesome! :thumbsup:

not out yet but soon...the bali is gonna be my pick if it handles like it looks like it will.

Wow! Thanks for all the responses so far here are the results:

Atmos: 2 Votes
Bareknuckle: 9 (2 for 20CV)
Blur: 8
Chive: 1
CQC: 2
Decimus: 1
Dividend: 10 (6 for the M390 version)
Fraxion: 1
Knockout: 5 (2 for M390)
Launch: 2
Link: 7 (2 for M390)
Leek: 10
Cooper Natrix: 4
Oso-Sweet: 1
Shallot: 1
Skyline: 4
Strobe: 1
Zing: 1

That’s quite a list! I hope at some point I’ll get to own a couple of them.

I'd also throw in that I really enjoy my Natrix CF and Natrix CF XL. I have a ZT 770cf and a 770 aluminum, but I honestly use my Natrixes or my Bareknuckles more. Maybe because of the lack of speedsafe on the Kershaws? Don't know, but I love the design of that family of knives.

The newer 20cv Bareknuckle by far. I had an early one and it was so so fit and finish, but the blackout 20cv I picked up is amazing.

FWIW the Dividend is awesome if you don't mind assist.

Last edited:
Back