Recommendation? Best short pocket knife with a clip

I'm looking for a pocket knife that has a blade shorter than 2.3 inches (6 cm) and made of stainless steel, preferably VG-10 or A2.
It should have a pocket clip but if the knife is in your opinion otherwise amazing, then that's not that important.
My budget is anything around or less than 60 bucks.

xEqNqrL.jpg

Two Suns makes a great micro knife in m390.

Cold Steel Lucky One. :thumbsup: A tiny bit long, 2 5/8 and also S35, but amazingly under an ounce! :eek: I don't like Carbon Fiber, but this is a knife I usually have on me around the house in PJ's or robe (I removed the clip). :cool:

Dragonfly is hard to beat with your criteria. The Zome green one is especially cool.

The Kershaw Shuffle II is a stout little guy. Has a bottle opener too, which is nice for us craft brew enthusiasts.

The CRKT Pazoda Compact fits the bill, and has a deep carry pocket clip. Inexpensive choice, this one.

Spyderco Ambitious is a solid choice. It's small, but it cuts real big.

Cold Steel Micro Recon 1 doesn't have a pocket clip, but it doesn't need one because it's already awesome without it.

Spyderco Roadie doesn't have a clip either, but it looks cool as hell.

Dragonfly is hard to beat with your criteria. The Zome green one is especially cool.

The Kershaw Shuffle II is a stout little guy. Has a bottle opener too, which is nice for us craft brew enthusiasts.

The CRKT Pazoda Compact fits the bill, and has a deep carry pocket clip. Inexpensive choice, this one.

Spyderco Ambitious is a solid choice. It's small, but it cuts real big.

Cold Steel Micro Recon 1 doesn't have a pocket clip, but it doesn't need one because it's already awesome without it.

Spyderco Roadie doesn't have a clip either, but it looks cool as hell.

Thanks for so many suggestions!

+1 on the dragonfly 2 - and then try the ZDP-189 version ;)
I thought I would get the ZDP Dragonfly someday, and then I got a Chaparral and no longer felt the need for a Dragonfly. But if the OP needs a max 2.3-inch blade (not 2.3-inch edge length, because then the Chaparral would qualify), the Dragonfly seems a great choice with plenty of variants.

Last edited:
How about the 425 MiniBuck? 1.875" 420HC blade. At $20 a pop, you can get three!

Edit: Doesn't have a pocket clip...:(

I have the perfect suggestion - kabar 4072 and it's usually under $20, very good value and it's 2.25 inch = )

Yeah, hands down Dragonfly, whether you get the plain edge VG-10 or H1 Salt.

It's an excellent knife that acts a lot bigger than it looks. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being disappointed in the DF if they're looking for a small knife.

I have the perfect suggestion - kabar 4072 and it's usually under $20, very good value and it's 2.25 inch = )

That KaBar Mini Dozier is awesome! AUS-8 is a fine steel choice for a knife that size. Great stuff.

Back