1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best Spyderco for Rescuing Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Maniacal Pete, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Maniacal Pete

Maniacal Pete

Oct 16, 2010
  2. roughedges

roughedges

Oct 3, 2004
    I like my Salt but figure the best would probably be the Whale Rescue Blade

ETA: Can't make up your mind? :p When I wrote my post you still figured it was the Salt.

3. Maniacal Pete

Maniacal Pete

Oct 16, 2010
    I think the knife in the video is actually a Jumpmaster, it took me a minute to look it up. :p

4. SAKsRCool

SAKsRCool

Dec 2, 2007
    The spyderhole is way too big for a jumpmaster. It's one of the Rescue series or Atlantic Salt.

5. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    It is an Atlantic salt.

6. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    An Atlantic Salt in the Pacific Ocean? Doesn't that cause a disruption in the fabric of reality?

7. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    I wonder if they have a Whale Rescue blade? Should get one and the new handle for it if they don't already. At least they used the right blade maker for the job.

8. Bighaze51

Bighaze51

Dec 26, 2012
    You know, of all the things to notice in this video........ Hahaha okay I noticed it too. I'm glad they saved the dolphin.

9. yoda4561

yoda4561

May 28, 1999
    Looked like an atlantic salt to me too.

10. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    Yes, I saw the story when it originally aired, and it was very clearly an Atlantic Salt.

James

11. Fredde90210

Fredde90210

May 14, 2010

hahaha toucheĀ“

12. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Any Spyderco would work, as long as you used it on porpoise.