Best Spyderco For The Money?

The Manix 2 XL- Big solid knife with excellent lock and S30V steel, that cost under $100.
The Chokwe is also very worth, with its price going around $125 recently.

For around $100 on the secondary market.... my vote would be for the Gayle Bradley.
M4 steel, insane hollow grind, carbon fiber and a stunning fit and finish... Not to mention
a buttery smooth action...C'mon!

I'd have to say, "The Endura". You can pay a lot more, but won't get much better.

Depends totally on what you value in a knife, and what you're willing to sacrifice to hit a low price point. For me, the FRN/VG-10 Stretch can't be beat. Superb ergonomics, the best of any Spyderco, IMHO. Steel that's easy to sharpen, holds an edge well, and offers better than average rust resistance. Plus a blade design that slices and penetrates well.

Put me in the Para2 camp as well... with one caveat... when "appropriately priced". By that I mean since the Para2 has been so hard to come by at various times over the past year the nature of supply and demand has caused prices that diminish its "best for the money" status. But a Para2 purchased between, say, $100-$120... yeah, best bang for the buck easily IMO. YMMV.

I think the Spyderco Delica 4 is the best value in a folding knife from any brand.
Sure the Para 2 and the Manix 2 are great deals with slick actions and G-10 scales. But the Delica locks open and cuts just as well and holds an edge almost as long for a lot less money. The stainless lined FRN handle is plenty rigid. The handle ergos are perfect for my hand and the blade length is just right.

For around $100 on the secondary market.... my vote would be for the Gayle Bradley.
M4 steel, insane hollow grind, carbon fiber and a stunning fit and finish... Not to mention
a buttery smooth action...C'mon!

+1 on the Gayle Bradley

I'm gonna take a slightly different approach here and go with the Techno. In terms of price vs. performance, there are lots of Spydies that are better bangs for the buck. That being said,I wasn't looking for simple value when I bought the Techno. I was looking for a legitimate replacement for my discontinued Small Regular Sebenza and the Techno has been a better replacement than any other knife I've currently owned. My collection hasn't been massive by BF standards, but I've had Hinderers, Striders and full-on customs(and lots of other productions as well) and I'd choose the Techno over any of them without a second thought. I like it that much. When you consider the price of the Techno vs. the far more pricey alternatives I've owned, I consider it a great knife for the money.

Delica 4 full flat grind gets my vote for the sub $100 range. But over $100 I'm going with the paramilitary2 all day. I like the tenacious for the money but 8CR13Mov is a disappointing steel when used continuously over a long period of time- and rust resistance is lacking. but for $30 the tenacious is hard to beat bro.

I'm gonna take a slightly different approach here and go with the Techno. In terms of price vs. performance, there are lots of Spydies that are better bangs for the buck. That being said,I wasn't looking for simple value when I bought the Techno. I was looking for a legitimate replacement for my discontinued Small Regular Sebenza and the Techno has been a better replacement than any other knife I've currently owned. My collection hasn't been massive by BF standards, but I've had Hinderers, Striders and full-on customs(and lots of other productions as well) and I'd choose the Techno over any of them without a second thought. I like it that much. When you consider the price of the Techno vs. the far more pricey alternatives I've owned, I consider it a great knife for the money.

Dude, yes. The Sage 2 was my previous pick but the Techno blew it away. I still have my Sage 2 as a backup and use it around the house but the Techno is my EDC folder of choice for every conceivable chore I put a knife through and will remain so for at least the near future.

The Southard flipper would be my choice :p It's kicked out my Para 2 and Umnumzaan out of my pocket, plus this cts 204p seems promising.

The best Spyderco for money is the one, which you love. For me:C83 Persian, Native5 and Caly3/3.5. :thumbup:
All top notch knives and worth every penny and even more.

PM2 gets my vote. For a 100ish bucks its one of the best folders available. American made to boot, can't beat it. I have spent a lot more money in the past on less performing knives.

Back