Best Spyderco For The Money?

Best Spyderco for the money is the South Fork. Go over to Phil Wilson's website and figure out how good a deal it is.

The Bug. Razor sharp for 4 USD.

We are talking about bang for the buck here.

Yeah... it only has a 1.3 inch blade, but it does the vast majority of the everyday tasks that most of us use a knife for, opening packages and mail, cutting string.

Want something larger? Honeybee (1.63 inch blade) for 7 USD or grasshopper (2.31 inch blade) for 11 USD.

THAT, my fellow knife knuts, is bang for the buck.

Another vote for the Delica 4. Tested design, tough as nails, and it comes in colors! What else could you want? :cool:

TedP

I just received my Ambitious and Persistence this week and I am pretty amazed by the quality for $26 each. Not the best blade steel in the world, but excellent fit and finish, perfect blade centering, G10 scales and razor sharp out of the box. I am very impressed so far.

Manix 2 imo...just got one for my dad for christmas, its pretty sweet, I may just have to get myself one ;) And I also think it is one of the nicest looking spydies (imo)

I can't pick one so here are my favorites: Manix 2, Para 2, Centofante III and Tenacious (Blue).

Another split vote for Delica and Para 2. Both are awesome values for price paid.

I also agree with the poster who wrote that the question as asked cannot have one definitive answer for everybody. People have different needs, tastes, and budgets.

Endura 4 or Manix 2 XL. I own both and they are my go to knives for daily carry. If those are to large for you go with a Delica 4 or Manix 2 both are also great knives. I prefer large folders but your tastes may differ.

I just received a couple PM2s and I would like to change my vote...the PM2 is perhaps one of the most perfect knives I have ever owned, especially at its current price point.

It's hard to recommend a Spyderco "for the money" because so many of them fit that description, no matter the genre. You're far better off naming your personal price range.

I vote Paramilitary 2! I have carried my Para 2 everyday for over a year. It is just the perfect knife to me. YMMV though.

Easy answer. Any of them. Just depends how much you are willing to spend. They all cut like crazy in different packages at different prices.

Tenacious or Delica 4 FFG. I've owned the Para2 and love pretty much everything about it except for the compression lock, which just annoyed me. The Tenacious at its price point is nigh on impossible to beat in the value for money stakes and I have no concerns that mine will wear out any time soon given the limited realistic use I have for it. That said, taking the step up in steel, a Dalica 4 FFG is outstanding.

IMO there are 3 easy choices: Delica 4 FFG, Sage 1, Native S30V. All three of these knives represent wonderful value for your dollar and are what I consider to be the preferred EDC size (but that varies from person to person).

Back