Best Tactical Tomahawk

Willywonka - I didn't take it as a slight, just a misperception on the weight difference. For some folks the half pound will be enough to make a difference, for others it won't. Some folks take the handles off their toothbrushes to save weight while backpacking. :)

Thanks for the utilitarian comment. There are a lot of goofy-looking tomahawk designs out there these days, and a lot of low-quality ones designed to separate you from your money. Mine are built, as you put it, to be real use tools. :)

Yesterday, I had an awesome time visiting with Storm Crow at his shop. One of the highlights was taking a few of his tactical 'hawks and unleashing a thrashing on a clothes dryer. I was amazed at how lightweight, easy to control, and how ergonomically comfortable it was in hand....not to mention the huge grin it put on my face and the awesome destruction on the dryer..:D

These 'hawks are a tool meant to be used hard, get dirty, and perform without the worry of failure. I'm excited to add one of Storm Crow's 'hawks to my arsenal.:thumbup:

I have put James hawk through a hell of a work out. Im really impressed by the durability of them. Its right up there with my rmj hawks. Im rather impressed and pleased with his work. They are a perfect woods tool, they chop better than my rmj, except my jenny wren, which has a thinner edge. Storm crows are a great bargain.

Shucks, folks, I'm speechless.

Thank y'all! :)

It's taken longer to get the ball rolling on me building these than I had anticipated and I've spent much of the summer and fall getting equipment and processes worked out, but I just today successfully completed the last thing that I had to figure out to start making 'hawks in earnest. Some folks on here have placed orders with me and have been patient, and I am poised to start working on them next week.

I am still proud to have a 1st production StormCrow hawk. I love it an it goes everywhere with me.

you know what I like? Storm Crow WILL blow up over these hawks and we can then say we knew him back when and had his first hawks (or at least I hope to VERY soon). Every giant has his first day. And 20 years from now his first hawks will sell for the price of a small space ship :)

you know what I like? Storm Crow WILL blow up over these hawks and we can then say we knew him back when and had his first hawks (or at least I hope to VERY soon). Every giant has his first day. And 20 years from now his first hawks will sell for the price of a small space ship :)

And when that happens my pry hawk will sill be riding on my belt, in great shape, and no money will make me part with it. It will be passed to my sons as well.

And when that happens my pry hawk will sill be riding on my belt, in great shape, and no money will make me part with it. It will be passed to my sons as well.

I guess I should get two then. lol

I would definitely give a +1 for the VTAC Tomahawk by the American Company.La Gana really makes quality tomahawks.Heck even the military uses them.My friend wanted to share this resource he found on tomahawks.

Back