1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best "using" SOG ever made.

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Robbie Roberson, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Robbie Roberson

Robbie Roberson

Dec 27, 2003
    Could we decide which SOG has been the best "working" or "using" knife ever in the SOG line ?

Not best looking or most collected........the best SOG "user" ever made.

Of course in my opinon the Hunter Revolver is catching up to my first choice as the best user..........that being the original SOG SEAL Pup.

Reason, I guess I have heard more "user" stories in the last four years about the SEAL Pup than any other knife made by SOG.

The SOG Hunter Revolver and SEAL Revolver series has got a lot of "user" stories under it's belt in the last four years but since the SEAL Pup has been out much longer it has to be the favorite.........in my opinion. :D

Robbie Roberson ;)

2. Culpeper

Culpeper Banned BANNED

Jul 1, 2007
    The one and only original. Recon Bowie.

3. New Pig Hunter

New Pig Hunter

Dec 4, 2002
    tough one ..... best "user" ......

Tigershark for me .....

Cheers,

Carl

4. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Best user would probably have to be the . . . . hmmm . . . I've got so many to choose from that might be kind of hard. Well Revolver comes to mind though my X-42 field knife sees more action.

Heber

5. JNieporte

JNieporte

Nov 1, 2004
    Folder: Twitch II with plain satin blade
    Fixed blade: Field Pup

6. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    Right now I'd have to go with the Recon bowie. I carry this thing everywhere. It's on my belt and worn down into my pocket so there isn't sheath hanging out the bottom of my shirt. Most people can't even tell i have it on me. The only ones who can are people who know i carry it 24/7. I think that if i had a Hunter Revolver, it would be a close second.

7. huugh

huugh

Jul 16, 2005
    Field pup. Great knife.

8. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    If you go by time frame of say, in a span of the last 15 years; its probably goin' to be the NW Ranger
    -http://sogknives.com/store/S24.html

9. Buffalohump

Buffalohump

Sep 7, 2006
    The Tomcat folders are great. IMO you're more likely to use a folder, as you're more likely to have it on you every day ;)

10. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    I have a Revolver but don't dare use it... ;) Robbie would hurt me...:D

Field knife, or Field Pup right now...

11. udtjim

udtjim

Sep 4, 2007
    Another vote for the Northwest Ranger. IMO its one of the most useful all around knife I have ever used.

12. Spydiefan04

Spydiefan04

Jan 8, 2005
    You fixed blade guys ain't gonna like this but: SOG Paratool, actually what I use 2nd most behind a V'nox classic. Since picking one up My Leathermen have been gathering dust.

13. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    My Outdoor Mini Autoclip has seen quite a bit of use at work and in the kitchen. X-42 field knife is also used heavally in the kitchen for bigger stuff.

Heber

14. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    I have about 8 of the BG42 autoclips, in both RC 60 and 62, Black blade and plain, and even a serrated. Despite this I have got to go with the Tomcat line, with the newest being the best. Size is perfect, blade steel is excellent, fit and finish perfect, etc, etc. It should easily outlast me. I wouldn't change a thing on it. Joe

15. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    Northwest Ranger