bestech........when did this brand pop up?

jbmonkey

Everybody relax. I'm here.
Platinum Member
so always on the hunt for persian or persianish folders...i see a brand ive never heard of called bestech. so dirt cheap and chinese made. so i think..at best itll be close to entry level we d2 type or at worst gerber chinese.

so i order one. shows up today. not bad for the price. says d2...who knows though. came sharp with bevels that worked on the sharpmaker 40 side without tilting and changing the angle of the knife.

fit and finish pretty good for the price. no blade play in any direction. liner lock came solid. no slipping or movement towards open under hand pressure.

scales looks like g10 but who knows. its a bearing setup of some kind. opens fast. im saying its better than we d2 models i own, due to one reason...blade was sharpened better and with bevels that made it easy to touchup and get the sharpness i wanted without a reprofile.

surprised. pretty good knife for the price point. its about a 20 or so more than a kershaw or spyderco chinese made.

so for the money still think an american made kershaw or buck is a better deal, but i sure like those persianish blades in folders. i still buy more american made than anything else and always will. that wont change. 20171208_203803.jpg

I first saw Bestech knives show up in BHQ New Arrivals a couple months ago. They have a couple very good looking models but so does everyone else. WE Knives reeled me in with the WE702 integral and the Boos Blades Smoke. RIKE has almost got me to bite with their line up of mostly integrals. Bestech has yet to offer anything truly compelling to me yet. I very much enjoy contributing to my own country's economy so sending my money overseas requires something a bit more special than cute anodizing.

Bestechs have been showing up at Massdrop for a while, I think before they ever hit BladeHQ. Massdrop is careful to avoid supporting questionable manufacturers, so I guess they're good to go. I've liked some of the models I've seen, but not enough to jump in and buy some.

Also like the Persians.

I've seen Bestech around starting this year and to be honest, with the way that the Chinese manufacturers have been trending, I was expecting really nice build quality. I just wish I knew who was who. You don't just start out of the gate making a huge variety of high quality knives. You cut your teeth somewhere.

The Swordfish looks nice but also looks a bit like a 0452.

G10, D2 and a bearing flipper for $50. I would like to hear more reviews and would also like to know more about the company.

As far as I can tell, Bestech is the latest of the high-quality Chinese knife companies.

They started out on Mass Drop, and the first online dealer was Blade HQ. They are showing up at other dealers now. They are also listed on the Moteng distributor's website.

Knife News did a great feature on them recently. At least 30 new products are in development for 2018.

http://knifenews.com/bestech-knives-takes-running-start-at-2018/

I have bought four of their G10/D2 folders so far (all of them have green G10):

The Scimitar and the Warwolf, I carried each for one week to work and they performed very well for my needs.

The Warwolf reminds me of a much more expensive Maxace knife.

The Kendo and the Swordfish haven't been carried or used yet.

I bought the Swordfish because it reminded me of the ZT 0452CF (which I have one of the smaller versions of).

But I am tired of framelocks, I don't carry them much in the current cold weather conditions.

Which is why I haven't bought any of the premium Bestech knives yet.

I looked up reviews on Youtube before I bought any of them. I recommend that others that are skeptical to do that too.

The quality of the fit and finish is quite good.

Good handle ergonomics, blade grinds and sharpness, detents that hold the blade in until I flip them open, pocket clips that don't get in the way of holding them.

http://bestechknives.com/index.php/about
Their website claims they've been an OEM for 10 yrs .
They all say this. Likely they have been cloning for 10 years... But I digress. The fact of the matter is that every Chinese company say they are an oem even if they are not.

I'll pass on this company until they make designs that say buy me. Otherwise I have zero interest.

Also note they were the manufacturer for the giant mouse clone by factor equipment knives and the rest of those. You can see similarities in some models as well as other models on dhgate.

So no thanks.

Also they make at least one model from a European designer called pmp knives iirc tho he primarily deals with Steadmon or Maxace iirc. I'm not 100% on that but did hear someone say that.

Edit: bestech is now saying that factory equipment supplied bestech with the giant mouse design. So who to believe?

Last edited:
Back