Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

When I tasted it the first time it tasted like smoked salmon. That being said, I wasn't ready then. :D
Now it tastes delicious!

Rqn5euH.jpg

No deer today on opening day...this made me feel better about it! Cheers happy weekend.

LOL! :D Did you try any Barrett? :thumbsup:

I did not, although the one that I saw was in a 2 litre plastic bottle, labeled as sugar-free and grouped with the diet sodas, so the overall presentation was much less appealing than the drink in your photo. :D

nOHiOUE.jpg

Had to do little regrinding so the blade is all clean now... kinda annoying in that sense. :D
Finnish Koff Porter (strong very toasty porter) today with one of my favourite autumn/winter beers from Germany aecht schlenkerla rauchbier märzen (dark smoke beer).

Your Ottermesser's lookin' great A.L. A.L. - thinned it out a little behind the edge, did you?

I personally prefer smoke flavour in my Islay single malts, but I'll give that beer a try if I can find it here. I'm sure I've seen it around.:thumbsup:

Porter is especially tasty now that fall is here. (Except it was 95 degrees today, the third or fourth consecutive day with high in the 90s, and that's supposed to continue for at least 3 more days!)
KsvbwmO.jpg

- GT

Looks very tasty GT! I love a nice porter for autumn and winter evenings. Nice to see your Lambsfoot knife keeping you company too, my friend.:)

Thought I'd see how the 2014 was holding up. It's actually better than the 2015.

TvCoMkW.jpg

Very nice Barrett: I've been savouring a lovely English style brown ale as well.:cool::thumbsup:

FzOgRSI.jpg

I like the old school, alchemical motif as well, which looks like it wouldn't be out of place as a tang stamp, or maker's mark, too.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I did not, although the one that I saw was in a 2 litre plastic bottle, labeled as sugar-free and grouped with the diet sodas, so the overall presentation was much less appealing than the drink in your photo. :D

Ugh, with pop (and cider) here, the less you pay, the more you get for some reason! :rolleyes: :D The one I had in Sheffield was by Fentiman's, they do a range of somewhat 'up market' traditional soft drinks :thumbsup: Give it a try sometime Barrett, the flavour is not unusual, probably not a great deal to a Dr Pepper from what I can remember? :confused: One of my local bars has a Dandelion & Burdock beer on at the moment, I've had it once before, and it's quite nice, though I can't remember if it's a stout or a porter! :D There's also the "Brandylion" , a short shot of brandy and D & B! :D :thumbsup:

I did get a pint yesterday, but my pic was out of focus :( I had this coffee earlier in the day :thumbsup:

AWSFO 4-3.JPG

Your Ottermesser's lookin' great A.L. A.L. - thinned it out a little behind the edge, did you?

I personally prefer smoke flavour in my Islay single malts, but I'll give that beer a try if I can find it here. I'm sure I've seen it around.

Thanks! I did the job mostly because of some inconsistency on the primary grind affected uneven secondary edge. Now it sharpens clean, and is indeed thinner wich is good. :)

The smoke beer is highly recommended, one of my favorites. I believe the brewery is located in bavaria and is impressive looking by itself.
Don't get it too cold like any good darker beers! :)

Ugh, with pop (and cider) here, the less you pay, the more you get for some reason! :rolleyes: :D The one I had in Sheffield was by Fentiman's, they do a range of somewhat 'up market' traditional soft drinks :thumbsup: Give it a try sometime Barrett, the flavour is not unusual, probably not a great deal to a Dr Pepper from what I can remember? :confused: One of my local bars has a Dandelion & Burdock beer on at the moment, I've had it once before, and it's quite nice, though I can't remember if it's a stout or a porter! :D There's also the "Brandylion" , a short shot of brandy and D & B! :D :thumbsup:

I did get a pint yesterday, but my pic was out of focus :( I had this coffee earlier in the day :thumbsup:

View attachment 770070

What a beautiful Lambsfoot Jack! :thumbsup:

Cheers my friends! :D Folgers and a Case SBJ on this Sunday morning! ;)

37238392296_6c75be5892_b_d.jpg

1SC9nxM.jpg

Tonight's program! Gonna be good!
Cheers and have a nice weekend!

What a terrific picture of an admirable selection of everything! The pipe and the knife are just fantastic!

Back