Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

LSqtNjI.jpg

Baking hot day here today, so what better way to end it than uncapping a cold bier with my favourite traditional pocketknife from last year, while accompanied by a couple of favourites from this year:
jqCaawh.jpg

Aah, enjoy! It's freezing here, also thanks to the wind, so no feelings for any wheat for me. I think I will pick a bottle of wine tomorrow.

And that color on the beer is just yummy!

Aah, enjoy! It's freezing here, also thanks to the wind, so no feelings for any wheat for me. I think I will pick a bottle of wine tomorrow.

And that color on the beer is just yummy!
Thanks A.L, I hope you're keeping warm - a nice red vino should help with that. I've always been interested to read of the intensity of full Northern winters, never having experienced that kind of cold myself. I guess at its very coldest here, I may have experienced a mere -4C/25F overnight, while camping and hunting up in the snowy mountains.

We've had a few 35C/95F days in the last week, and it's not even summer yet. So you can see why many Aussies like their cold beer!
lKp2KYS.jpg

And happy Thanksgiving wishes to all in the US of A!:):thumbsup:

Last edited:
What a great reminder that tubes are for so much more than toothpaste. :D

I’ve never heard of that bourbon before, but I’m intrigued.
The Four Grain is pretty hard to find, but the regular, Bottled in Bond E.H. Taylor is pretty good. It's what I recommend to people who want to try a bit of a "different" bourbon.

I've been enjoying the 4 different stouts in Guinness 200th Anniversary 12-packs I've been finding when I get groceries the past 3 or 4 Saturdays. For Black Friday, this bottle with "black patent malt" called out to me, as did my black buffalo horn Guardians Lambsfoot (thanks, mrknife).
PQByJRF.jpg

- GT

Good to see you Greg, glad to hear work has eased up, and hope you and your family, and all our US members, have a great Thanksgiving :thumbsup: That sounds delicious my friend, and that's a tasty-looking Lambsfoot too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! It was delicious indeed. And thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. Mine was good, visiting my wife's family in Washington State.

This seems like the setting for the start of a good spy novel.... may I ask what the knife is?

That looks like a fine way to start the day!

TheFactor, you post such fine blades and brews, but I kinda wonder about drinking from something that looks like it should glow in the dark. ;) :D. And, I gotta ask, does it glow in the dark?

Baking hot day here today, so what better way to end it than uncapping a cold bier with my favourite traditional pocketknife from last year, while accompanied by a couple of favourites from this year:
jqCaawh.jpg

Fine favorites and a tasty beer. :thumbsup: I still need to pick some up. My mouth waters every time you've posted one lately!

After work beer. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
4BJW9Dh.jpg

That looks fantastic. Is that a glass that is shaped like a beer can? It looks like you're using some space-age force field to hold the beer in the can's shape. Very cool!

The Four Grain is pretty hard to find, but the regular, Bottled in Bond E.H. Taylor is pretty good. It's what I recommend to people who want to try a bit of a "different" bourbon.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Tradition day after thanksgiving dinner. The wife and I alone having left over turkey (opened yesterday so it’s leftover)and Chex mix for dinner!
View attachment 803054

I'm not much for leftover turkey, but that one I could enjoy. :D

I've been enjoying the 4 different stouts in Guinness 200th Anniversary 12-packs I've been finding when I get groceries the past 3 or 4 Saturdays. For Black Friday, this bottle with "black patent malt" called out to me, as did my black buffalo horn Guardians Lambsfoot (thanks, mrknife).
PQByJRF.jpg

- GT

Fantastic pairing, GT! It's getting to be stout and porter season for me, so I'll have to keep an eye out for those variety packs.

Thanks Jack! It was delicious indeed. And thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. Mine was good, visiting my wife's family in Washington State.

This seems like the setting for the start of a good spy novel.... may I ask what the knife is?

That looks like a fine way to start the day!

TheFactor, you post such fine blades and brews, but I kinda wonder about drinking from something that looks like it should glow in the dark. ;) :D. And, I gotta ask, does it glow in the dark?

Fine favorites and a tasty beer. :thumbsup: I still need to pick some up. My mouth waters every time you've posted one lately!

That looks fantastic. Is that a glass that is shaped like a beer can? It looks like you're using some space-age force field to hold the beer in the can's shape. Very cool!

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I'm not much for leftover turkey, but that one I could enjoy. :D

Fantastic pairing, GT! It's getting to be stout and porter season for me, so I'll have to keep an eye out for those variety packs.
LoL I went to visit my Mom out of state for her birthday and she gave me 2 of those one purple and the other green:D
There actually incased with water so you just keep them in the freezer and take out when needed and they keep your beverage cold for ever lol .
I’m a slow drinker and actually had friends at party’s before say that I need a sippie cup because I drink so slow lol .
I like to enjoy my IPA’s slowly :D
Yes the colors took some getting use to but the rewards are well worth it and my mom being in her 80’s it warms my heart every time I use them I think of her.
But to answer your question no they don’t glow in the dark :p but probably could or should .
I should use some nice glass beer mugs for my photo shots but just can’t do it lol.

Back