1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Alnamvet68, Sep 9, 2015.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    @WhittlinAway This one is for you :) I’ll just drink a little faster :D
    [​IMG]

2. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    LOL! Thanks for that @TheFactor. I’m looking forward to the return of the colorful containers. :)

How are you liking that Churchill?

TheFactor likes this.
  3. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Texas beer, Pennsylvania Steel, and a cheap Dominican.

C0059DB9-EFF7-4748-BD30-5E14C36CED98.jpeg

Josh

Cutfinger, Buzzbait and tmd_87 like this.
  4. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    LoL Your very welcome Sir :)
    I love this Churchill !! I was actually just sitting here thinking I should get another ebony just to have and not use lol .
    What a great knife :thumbsup:
    Edit : I’ve got 15 dollars in DLT store credit that’s burning a hole in my knife pocket :D

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    WhittlinAway likes this.
  5. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    All hail the shiner!

jwb01 likes this.
  6. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Inspired by @5K Qs stout posts, I allowed a new one to fall into the cart while shopping today:

[​IMG]

This one would be excellent poured over some vanilla ice cream.

7. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    Puerto Rican eggnog
    [​IMG]

Cutfinger likes this.
  8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    That is one of my favorite stouts by Firestone to date! Great choice! Cheers!!!

WhittlinAway likes this.
  9. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    One of my favorites (bands and beer)... when I can find it (beer)...
    [​IMG]

Corn Fed, Pàdruig, Kevin-B and 3 others like this.
  10. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    Some really good rum and a knife a friend gave me. The slabs are huckleberry and the pins are bois de arc.

[​IMG]

Emspop and tmd_87 like this.
  11. Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Jun 30, 2017
    Wow Iron maiden is also one of my and my dad’s favorite bands, but i didn’t know they had a beer.

12. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    They have a couple different varieties, I've only had the Trooper, but I really enjoy it. I think they may have done a few other limited runs in the past. The Trooper is popular enough that it sells out in my area.

Kevin-B likes this.
  13. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Bruce Dickinson is a huge real ale fan. He helped concoct the beer and also designed the pump clip/bottle label for the beer. Here's his latest brew:

https://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/store/hallowed/c-24/p-3361

A pint of Bradfield Brewery's Farmers Belgian Blue, 4.9%. At the Cheshire Cheese pub, Hope, in the county of Derbyshire, England.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Corn Fed, btb01, Dschal and 5 others like this.
  14. Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Jun 30, 2017
    hmm interesting, thank you for sharing your picture:thumbsup:
    And i think it's cool they name their drinks after their song, for instance The Trooper.:)

akaMatt likes this.
  15. Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Jun 30, 2017
    Thanks for sharing, I never knew all that.
    I might buy my dad a couple of their drinks since he's such a big fan.:thumbsup:

16. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Your welcome :thumbsup:

Kevin-B likes this.
  17. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Just found this when out shopping yesterday. Age stated 6 yr old 110 proof rye from Heaven Hill. Had a couple last night, and it's delicious!

[​IMG]

Nature Boy, Emspop and Pàdruig like this.
  18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Smashing old pub Donn, a friend of mine nearly took it on once :) I haven't had the Belgian Blue yet. Did you go up Win Hill? :thumbsup:

19. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Well your mate should of. £3.95 a pint :rolleyes: and the place was semi-heaving especially on the food side so it must be a little goldmine.
    I've done Rushup and Mam Tor half-a-dozen times but I've never done Win Hill so that was the plan. I walked out of Edale to the start of Rushup Edge, then over Mam Tor to Lose Hill. I'd never been The Cheshire Cheese either so that was on the list. Got to 3pm as I was passing the pub on my way to Win Hill and I just thought "sod it, I need an ale". So as I'd had my snowy and blowy for the day :thumbsup: I propped up the bar in the Cheshire Cheese. That Belgian Blue was really nice though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

20. GunGraber

GunGraber Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Dark beer and stag for lunch today

[​IMG]