Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Well your mate should of. £3.95 a pint :rolleyes: and the place was semi-heaving especially on the food side so it must be a little goldmine.
I've done Rushup and Mam Tor half-a-dozen times but I've never done Win Hill so that was the plan. I walked out of Edale to the start of Rushup Edge, then over Mam Tor to Lose Hill. I'd never been The Cheshire Cheese either so that was on the list. Got to 3pm as I was passing the pub on my way to Win Hill and I just thought "sod it, I need an ale". So as I'd had my snowy and blowy for the day :thumbsup: I propped up the bar in the Cheshire Cheese. That Belgian Blue was really nice though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

0iMn04Q.jpg

That was back in the 70's Donn! Feller ended up living in Cheshire actually! :D The pub used to be dead as a door-nail midweek. That's a great walk along the ridge. The first time I went up Win Hill myself was after the same walk and a pint in the Cheshire Cheese, the first time I'd been there myself. I don't think that's the best route up though. I bet the Mam Tor-Hollins Cross path was slippery with all the flagstones they have there now! :eek: Fantastic pic my friend :thumbsup:

I bet the Mam Tor-Hollins Cross path was slippery with all the flagstones they have there now! :eek: Fantastic pic my friend :thumbsup:

Yip the flags they've laid in our national parks are great in some places but a real PITA in others, like the downside of Mam Tor :eek: It was a Saturday to so it was like Piccadilly Station; I think half of Sheffield must of been there :D
The pic is a couple of weeks old but a pint of Ouseburn Porter, 5.2%, Hadrian Border Brewery, At The Boathouse Inn, Wylam, county of Northumberland.
i44YBEB.jpg

bFQCXLD.jpg

Good old stout, good old knife (Holub electrician) with good old synthetic covers of some non-celluloid kind (did anyone ever use Bakelite?). I really enjoy the black swirling through the red!
YSMIeXq.jpg

AEHSY7X.jpg

- GT

Yip the flags they've laid in our national parks are great in some places but a real PITA in others, like the downside of Mam Tor :eek: It was a Saturday to so it was like Piccadilly Station; I think half of Sheffield must of been there :D
The pic is a couple of weeks old but a pint of Ouseburn Porter, 5.2%, Hadrian Border Brewery, At The Boathouse Inn, Wylam, county of Northumberland.
i44YBEB.jpg

bFQCXLD.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean my friend, it's like following the Yellow Brick Road going up Scafell these days. Mam Tor is definitely a honey-pot. I always enjoy following your beery adventures :) :thumbsup:

That looks like a tasty beverage :) :thumbsup:

Good old stout, good old knife (Holub electrician) with good old synthetic covers of some non-celluloid kind (did anyone ever use Bakelite?). I really enjoy the black swirling through the red!
YSMIeXq.jpg

AEHSY7X.jpg

- GT

Cool pics GT :thumbsup:

First time I've had a pint in over a week! :eek: Nomad Pariah, a 'Hoppy Brown Ale' - was OK :thumbsup:

I also picked up a new beverage mug ;) Not that I need one, but it made me laugh, and I thought it might make Donn laugh too! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Your right Jack that did make me laugh :D:thumbsup: Thats a great find, I hope you find something decent to fill it with :thumbsup:
I'm glad you enjoy my beery adventures. I also enjoy my beery adventures :D and indeed everyone else's on here. Unfortunately I can't share my tipple from either last night or tonight as Imgur has packed in again (at least for me).

Your right Jack that did make me laugh :D:thumbsup: Thats a great find, I hope you find something decent to fill it with :thumbsup:
I'm glad you enjoy my beery adventures. I also enjoy my beery adventures :D and indeed everyone else's on here. Unfortunately I can't share my tipple from either last night or tonight as Imgur has packed in again (at least for me).

I thought it would Donn! The inside says 'Is it a whippet? Is it a flat-cap?...' :D :thumbsup: I'll probably just be drinking tea out of it! ;) You really get around my friend :) Sorry to hear about Imgur :(

Better late than never though! :) Nice knife, and a tasty-looking brew, I've not tried that one :thumbsup:

Looks intriguing tmd_87 tmd_87 . Are those the same folks who do the PB&J stout?

BTW, I really like the jigged bone on your beer scout. Which color is it?
Yes sir, it's good. I was a little worried because I don't like overly sweet stouts. This is really good, lots of chocolate and peanut butter but not over powering.

It's the golden ale jigged bone. It's a lifetime keeper I won't ever get rid of it. The color has changed a lot over time.

^^^ TheFactor TheFactor that whittler (Tuna Valley?) is a beaut. Any chance of getting a look at the secondaries?

The beer is also interesting. I’m trying to imagine what a winter IPA would be. You like it?

Back