Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

JB, I received Chimay for Christmas, as well! Hadn't had it in years, and immediately fell back in love with the White Label (Cinq Cents?). Such a good beer.

Great coincidence Shawn :) I'm looking forward to opening one later :) :thumbsup:

Have one for me buddy. With our time difference I'm on third cup of coffee for the morning. Jack Black Jack Black

Will do pal :) The BBC have just had a lengthy report on the 6pm news about those mud-slides, hope everyone is going to be OK :thumbsup:

Edit - Oh blimey, they've just had an update on that situation Dave, terrible stuff :(

Last edited:
Yep, know some folk over there on the coast. Hope they are ok.

Cheers Chin, your Lambsfoot is looking good mate :) :thumbsup:

Cheers Jack.:thumbsup::)

That Chimay pack looks very tasty, I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve tried.:thumbsup:

Lagavulin’s my favourite single malt too: liquid peat smoke in a bottle.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yep, know some folk over there on the coast. Hope they are ok.

Me too Dave :thumbsup:

Cheers Jack.:thumbsup::)

That Chimay pack looks very tasty, I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve tried.:thumbsup:

Lagavulins my favourite single malt too: liquid peat smoke in a bottle.:thumbsup:

I used to drink the Blue quite a bit, don't think I'd noticed it was 9%! :D

Is it really Chin? We should have had one together in Sheffield :) Though I'm not sure those 'spit 'n' sawdust' pubs would have had it ;) :D Next time :thumbsup:

Horsewright Horsewright and Jack Black Jack Black , rest assured that nearly all of my scotch consumption is straight up with perhaps a drop of water. I do allow the rare 1/2 oz to go into a cocktail that calls for some smokiness. I'm an Islay guy, too, BTW. My first experience with scotch was 10 year Laphroaig and that gave me a taste for the peat. :D

But, at present, I'm enjoying this decidedly delightful double IPA from Firestone Walker called Adversus:

mLk2TRgh.jpg

Ya'll may be getting tired of seeing this lambsfoot here, but that's because I never get tired of having it in my pocket. I was wrapping up some outside chores when my wife said "do you have your sharp knife with you?" "Yup, sure do." "Good! It's time for our first broccoli harvest". So, one more mini chore later—the lambsfoot did a great job slicing through the stalks—I figured it was time to relax. :D

Is it really Chin? We should have had one together in Sheffield :) Though I'm not sure those 'spit 'n' sawdust' pubs would have had it ;) :D Next time :thumbsup:

Most definitely!:thumbsup:;):)

I didn’t manage to take a pic of the pub in the Sheffield railway station, as I didn’t want to intrude on the other punters drinking at the bar, but I’m still telling my friends about it! What was it - twenty or thirty taps? - and nearly all looked like interesting and decent local drops.

Horsewright Horsewright and Jack Black Jack Black , rest assured that nearly all of my scotch consumption is straight up with perhaps a drop of water. I do allow the rare 1/2 oz to go into a cocktail that calls for some smokiness. I'm an Islay guy, too, BTW. My first experience with scotch was 10 year Laphroaig and that gave me a taste for the peat. :D

But, at present, I'm enjoying this decidedly delightful double IPA from Firestone Walker called Adversus:

mLk2TRgh.jpg

Ya'll may be getting tired of seeing this lambsfoot here, but that's because I never get tired of having it in my pocket. I was wrapping up some outside chores when my wife said "do you have your sharp knife with you?" "Yup, sure do." "Good! It's time for our first broccoli harvest". So, one more mini chore later—the lambsfoot did a great job slicing through the stalks—I figured it was time to relax. :D

Nice one Greg, I like to use my Lambsfoot in the garden too. And I don’t think I’ll ever tire of it, or of seeing anyone elses Ol’ Reliable either!:thumbsup::cool:;)

Hmmm....Is that an empty glass I see before me? ;)

Been a while since I drank Chimay, but thanks to an Xmas gift-pack, I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted ;) :D :thumbsup:
Your Chimay collection reminds me a stop at the bar in front of the Chimay brewery during a hot july ride to Brussels. I was with ex-wife and we were thirsty so we decided we would try and drink all the different beers. We found the white was our prefered and had another go.
When we decided it was time to leave we where absolutely unable to quit our seats .:confused:
The waiter kindly brought us some snacks that helped us recover enough lucidity to ride to our destination.

Here's the missing one :

Chimay_Or.jpg

mLk2TRgh.jpg

Certainly not me JP! :D ;) Come and visit us in the Lambsfoot thread :) That looks like a great brew after the first broccoli harvest of the year :) :thumbsup:

Most definitely!:thumbsup:;):)

I didn’t manage to take a pic of the pub in the Sheffield railway station, as I didn’t want to intrude on the other punters drinking at the bar, but I’m still telling my friends about it! What was it - twenty or thirty taps? - and nearly all looked like interesting and decent local drops.

Eleven cask lines, twelve keg lines, and over 200 different bottled beers, according to their website - http://www.sheffieldtap.com/ - Lots of pics there too :) Hard to believe the space (the old First Class waiting rooms) was empty for decades. It is also above the confluence of the Rivers Porter and Sheaf :) :thumbsup:

Your Chimay collection reminds me a stop at the bar in front of the Chimay brewery during a hot july ride to Brussels. I was with ex-wife and we were thirsty so we decided we would try and drink all the different beers. We found the white was our prefered and had another go.
When we decided it was time to leave we where absolutely unable to quit our seats .:confused:
The waiter kindly brought us some snacks that helped us recover enough lucidity to ride to our destination.

Here's the missing one :

View attachment 827205

LOL! Great story JP :D :thumbsup: Great pic too, I might have to pick up a bottle :thumbsup:

A little Earl Grey in the shop yesterday morning while working on a batch of sheaths. My own personal EDC.

QfIJVil.jpg

Tooling the initials on this one.

jShHlbO.jpg

QYZb4Z1.jpg

Always nice to see you at work Dave :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black and Jolipapa Jolipapa Chimay is a great brew! Trappist ales have so much character. Have you guys ever tried Rochefort or Orval?

Definitely (and I'm sure JP has too!)! :) One of my local bars even celebrate Orval Day once a year :thumbsup:

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway aye Lahroaig will do that to ya. But its like their ads say. No middle ground with it, ya either love it or hate it. Their Quarter Cask version may be my favorite.

I dare say they took notice of the very successful 'Love it or Loathe it' ad campaign the Marmite company have run for the past decade or so :) I've not had the Quarter Cask, but always have the regular 10 YO in house :thumbsup:

kZ0XND5h.jpg

Great things; small packages.

That looks like a darn good cup of coffee Greg :thumbsup:

Back