Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I’ve got some outdoor chores to attend to while the weather is nice. I thought I’d take a break to snap a pic of my everyday water bottle that’s with me—full of my favorite all-day-long beverage (water; usually several quarts a day)—and my everyday Lambsfoot.

RhXZG5hh.jpg

Happy Friday. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Very nice Greg :) I always mean to drink more water :oops: Have a fab weekend :thumbsup:

I just put 'hand-pump beer' into a Google image search, but as it turns out, that pub is in Sheffield, just up the road from where I lived for 10 years, and I know it extremely well! I only realised when I pasted the image code here! :D It is a couple of miles from Hillsborough, so solid Sheffield Wednesday territory! :D Enjoy the match my friend, Up The Owls! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Jack I'm surprised you're not a supporter of The Blades! Just kidding, since you don't choose your club, you're born into it, right?

Jack I'm surprised you're not a supporter of The Blades! Just kidding, since you don't choose your club, you're born into it, right?

True :) It's a long time since I could call myself a supporter, but my dad wouldn't have anything red in the house! :D Wednesday, the older club, were originally called The Blades though, and played at the Bramall Lane stadium of United, where the game is being played tonight (it was originally a cricket ground). It was only after Wednesday moved to Owlerton in 1899, and adopted an owl mascot in 1912, that they began to be known as The Owls :thumbsup:

Outside chores being complete, I’m turning my attention towards dinner.

cHIPxrzh.jpg

I opened the bottle of wine for the recipe, but figured a sample in the name of QC was warranted ;)

I normally use kitchen knives in the kitchen, but every once in a while it’s fun to pull out a puukko and pretend I’m camping.

True :) It's a long time since I could call myself a supporter, but my dad wouldn't have anything red in the house! :D Wednesday, the older club, were originally called The Blades though, and played at the Bramall Lane stadium of United, where the game is being played tonight (it was originally a cricket ground). It was only after Wednesday moved to Owlerton in 1899, and adopted an owl mascot in 1912, that they began to be known as The Owls :thumbsup:
Well it was a good game, even at nil nil. A good point for Wednesday, especially after down to ten men. It's great there's so much history behind that derby! Have a great weekend Jack!
Dave

Well it was a good game, even at nil nil. A good point for Wednesday, especially after down to ten men. It's great there's so much history behind that derby! Have a great weekend Jack!

You too Dave :) :thumbsup:

Had coffee at Salt's Mill in Saltaire, once the largest industrial building in the world, before going for a hike, and finishing off with a pint at the Saltaire Brewery Tap :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

IMG_0426S.JPG

Sounds like a fantastic day from start to finish, Jack. I hope the rest of your weekend continues to be enjoyable.

Back