Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

An amazing assortment of bevs and blades, folks. :thumbsup:

Another in the kitchen alchemy series:

ZvPiEqIh.jpg

Soda of homemade grapefruit shrub, selzter water, and squeeze of kumquat. The latter was mostly to give the TC an active role, but it added a nice touch. ;)

That sounds amazing!

I was in an IPA mood this evening, I have a bit of a lineup to tackle...

Bu5xB6K.jpg

OOPS! What I posted here originally was supposed to go in the books and blades thread; sorry about that! :rolleyes: Here's an old photo of the brand of beer I drank last night along with my favorite lambsfoot. Hey, the knife has rosewood covers, so it's a relevant choice for Wooden Wednesday, too! ;)
lambsfoot.UJ.edmundfitzgerald.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
christusvictor christusvictor , I recognize the book and I'm fairly familiar with mugs quite similar to the one you posted :rolleyes:, but what is that little knife? Is that an Old Timer shield? Do I see scissors in the blade well?

Here's a slender little Colonial jack (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 876818

- GT

The knife is a old Schrade 106OT with scissors and pen blade. There shield says Greenwing, there is Ducks Unlimited etching on the blade. I had been hunting this one for a while, and just grabbed it a couple of weeks ago.

OOPS! What I posted here originally was supposed to go in the books and blades thread; sorry about that! :rolleyes: Here's an old photo of the brand of beer I drank last night along with my favorite lambsfoot. Hey, the knife has rosewood covers, so it's a relevant choice for Wooden Wednesday, too! ;)
View attachment 876823

- GT

Nice choice Gary :) :thumbsup:

How is that beer? The pioneer bone looks great! How do you like the 43?
The beer is ok, better now that it has warmed up some. It had a very strong gin flavor when it was cold. I love a good strong gin and tonic, but that was too much of a not so good gin flavor.

I love the 43. It’s been a daily cary since I got it. It’s starting to get a good patina on it and that’s just what the frontier bone is begging for.

Last edited:
Windy Hill by Mikkeller Brewing
4X9YYTW.jpg
How is the IPA? I do like a good mosaic.

What do you think of the cocobolo 43? I’m tempted to pick one up as a new daily once my frontier gets the patina I want and then pair it with my BK22 for camp knives.

How is the IPA? I do like a good mosaic.

What do you think of the cocobolo 43? I’m tempted to pick one up as a new daily once my frontier gets the patina I want and then pair it with my BK22 for camp knives.
Mikkeller makes some amazing beer and this is one of them. They are based out of San Diego. It's not super hoppy, and a lil more "juicy." I really like it.

I'm gonna use my micarta as a user/beater and my Cocobolo will be "dress-up" knife. But eventually all my keeper knives get used. I really like this model!

Back