Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Ahhh I like it :thumbsup: I bought an Alpkit Mytimug 400 last year, I wonder if that would fit on it?? Here it is in action though not a great a shot of the actual mug
WrB5eVu.jpg

https://www.alpkit.com/products/mytimug-400

Very pleased with it. If you were wanting a lightweight cup to brew your Vietnamese coffee on then I'd recommend one and they do a larger 600. Alpkit have a store Hathersage btw.
(P.S. I've no affiliation to Alpkit)

There are lots of different sizes Donn, and they are inexpensive :) That looks like a good set-up, and thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup: I only ordered a similar mug yesterday, and it was a fiver more! o_O ;)
41fB%2B0yPq0L.jpg

And I'm not even called Keith! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rounding out the evening with something a bit stiffer. Not of the Islay regions from where I generally prefer my whisky but still pleasant.

JeQSdYL.jpg

Nice composition Dylan :) When I lived in France, or travelled there regularly, Macallan 12 used to be one of my regular whiskies, but at the time, the 12-year old was all exported, and I kind of drifted away from it. Now you can get the 12 here, and I keep meaning to revisit an old friend :)

Pie and a pint ;) The pint being Northern Monk's Eternal IPA on cask :thumbsup:

AW Ebony Lambsfoot 24-8.JPG

There are lots of different sizes Donn, and they are inexpensive :) That looks like a good set-up, and thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup: I only ordered a similar mug yesterday, and it was a fiver more! o_O ;)
41fB%2B0yPq0L.jpg

And I'm not even called Keith! :rolleyes:

Aye Keith Black doesn't quite have the same ring to it :D That mug looks like a good find :thumbsup:

Rounding out the evening with something a bit stiffer. Not of the Islay regions from where I generally prefer my whisky but still pleasant.

JeQSdYL.jpg

....hmm. Kinda get the feeling, Dylan, we'd both get a lot o' jawin and puttin the world to rights... :cool:

Am profoundly missing Africa.........need to get back there soon for my proper fix

IMG_0787.jpg

Looks like everyone's enjoying their malts :thumbsup: I used to really like sampling them but apart from the standard 10 year old Glenmorangie in my hip flask, I've have barely been near one in recent years :(

tZZaXFg.jpg

It may be a bit early to be calling it a beverage..

Good luck with the brew! You'll have to post your results :D:thumbsup:

A pint of "Darkside of the Toon". A 4.1% stout brewed by Three Kings Brewery of North Shields in Tyne and Wear. Being sampled at the 2018 Oldham Beer Festival yesterday.
i4poWQu.jpg

Vs87dkC.jpg

Aye Keith Black doesn't quite have the same ring to it :D That mug looks like a good find :thumbsup:

A pint of "Darkside of the Toon". A 4.1% stout brewed by Three Kings Brewery of North Shields in Tyne and Wear. Being sampled at the 2018 Oldham Beer Festival yesterday.
i4poWQu.jpg

Vs87dkC.jpg

LOL! No! :D Looks like you've been having fun Donn :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you've been having fun Donn :) :thumbsup:

Aye it was a good day thanks :thumbsup: Actually alot of north east beers from Tyne and Wear, Northumberland and County Durham. A lot of stouts and dark ales which are my favourite but none that jumped out at me and made me wanting to try them again. :(

Cool pic Paul, Bowmore, and a big cat, and a beautiful blade of course :) Is that a warthog tusk? :cool: Hope you're having a nice evening my friend :thumbsup:

First time I've tried this tasty Belgian 7.2% IPA :)

View attachment 882362
Jack, the Goudale is French, made in Arques (French Flanders, just facing Kent) made by Brasseurs de Gayant also brewing the belzébuth, triple secret des moines and a few others whose name I won't dare to write here :oops:. The IPA is the last the launched, did not test it yet.

Back