Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I haven't tired that yet but the Buffalo Trace tour was one of the best I have been on.

I'm a big fan of everything Buffalo Trace distills. I prefer their Buffalo Trace Bourbon to Jack or Jim and will even occasionally drink a bit of their White Dog Mash. Their higher end offerings are excellent but get pricey. The Elmer T. at $40 is a great value and truly easy drinking. Once a year I used to buy a bottle of George T. Stag, but inflation has taken it's toll.

For the price that's hard to beat! Runs around 30 bucks in my area.

I can usually find it for $40-45 which I consider a fair value as a bottle lasts me good while. $30 and it'd be all I’d buy in the bourbon department!

GT, Kölsch (and Kölsch-style) beers are very refreshing. If I remember correctly, they are a bit of a hybrid in that they are fermented warm and then "lagered" at cold temperatures during conditioning. They are fairly light, dry, and crisp with a bit more flavor than a typical lager. I love a Kölsch during the Summer.

Speak of the devil, here's a Ballast Point Kolsch Style Ale I tried last weekend. Much like the Kolsch you posted this one was not a classic example and came off more like peach lemonade. Not a bad warm weather drink, but far from that of What was traditionally brewed under the title.

CF79A964-EA16-43C2-BDCC-F3AA51A5791D.jpeg

Rubbish - poor photo quality....!? Are you kidding, I thought you'd done that on purpose.....love the grainy pic......just wish I coulda assisted lowering the level of the contents with you ;)

Many thanks for the kind words friend. I often wish we could all get together and have a few drinks while shooting the breeze about knives and life. I'd be more than happy to share this bottle with y'all.

Oof. Last time I bought one here (a couple of years ago) it was $30. Now it’s $99!

That is a real bummer. I've had a similar experience with quite a few varieties I used to enjoy including their Stag Jr. And George T.

Today being Cinco it only seemed fitting to drink some Mezcal. Had a few friends over and made some margaritas with fresh garden citrus (lime, lemon, grapefruit, orange), cilantro, and red jalapenos for a slight kick to go with the mezcals smokey flavors.

F41B7544-536F-4372-83CC-F1F9A31537C6.jpeg
2882E766-2A6B-4CC7-821B-33B9A4C76339.jpeg

Speak of the devil, here's a Ballast Point Kolsch Style Ale I tried last weekend. Much like the Kolsch you posted this one was not a classic example and came off more like peach lemonade. Not a bad warm weather drink, but far from that of What was traditionally brewed under the title.

View attachment 900370

That sounds a bit like a Shandy or a Radler. I’ve had Ballast Point’s Sculpin IPA (and maybe the grapefruit Sculpin), it’s pretty good stuff, but I haven’t tried much else from them.

If you see a bottle. Buy it. Limited release. When it's gone it's gone. Awesome bourbon at a very reasonable price. Don't mind the dog, he's just jealous ;)
aZQnok5.jpg

Beer and a Barlow.

bpcFfZqh.jpg

Awesome knife and a great beer. Definitely one of my favorites. I've been all about the Founders All Day IPA lately with the warmer weather. I go back and forth between the Sierra Nevada and Dale's Pale Ale in the cooler months.....and Yuengling, which is my go to most of the time.

Awesome knife and a great beer. Definitely one of my favorites. I've been all about the Founders All Day IPA lately with the warmer weather. I go back and forth between the Sierra Nevada and Dale's Pale Ale in the cooler months.....and Yuengling, which is my go to most of the time.

We have similar tastes. I'm also a huge fan of All Day IPA and Dale's.

:cool: ........makes a change, the UK bathed in sunshine :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Having coffee en route to Cheltenham Festival yesterday to see Imelda May in concert with front row seats - what a voice, what a woman...

Aah, where was I - yes, fork not much good with this high density Turkish Delight Choc Brownies - so, out with the Native...

Been rather busy with my move lately but every day brings progress.

The good news is that I have accomplished the hardest part, suckering a few choice friends into helping me move all the heavy stuff. :D

The bad news is that since our new place is close to 40 minutes away and we didn't want to pull our kids from their schools so close to the end, we found it made better sense to get by on the barest essentials at the old place which we have until the end of the month.

Which means I discovered I had no beverages aside from this Reisling hiding out in the back of the fridge. Not my preferred wine, as I find these to be too sweet, though this one is drier than some. I also had no appropriate drinking ware for wine, hence the jar...

Regardless, Willamette Valley Vineyards produces some very fine wines and is practically in my back yard, so I'll drink this one, wishing it were a good Pinot Noir or even better, a Cabernet.

j4Zspwd.jpg

- very nice too, Dylan Pàdruig Pàdruig

Many years ago I did a project and installed some escalators from Germany, a company called O&K. Long story short, at Christmas, they gave me a box of wine from Germany. Now, at the time, there were wines from Germany that were not highly thought of: Blue Nun, Liebfraumilch, Black Tower to name a few..........so with some trepidation I started on these wines. Oh, my, goodness - how delightful they were. I don't recall the names, but remember one was a fine, fine Riesling.

We're off on a Harley trip later this year through Germany, right up through the wine country.......on the day's ride that I lead we're going to meet and finish the day here:

schloss.jpg

.......I'm guessing of course, but should be some wine there... I'd better do some slippie pics there as well o_O

And if you're into your Pinot Noir, I had what was perhaps the best PN I've ever tasted and one of the nicest reds ever from your side of the pond recently - Twelve Clones 2013 from Morgan Estate. Stunning :thumbsup:

IMG_1928.jpg

- very nice too, Dylan Pàdruig Pàdruig

Many years ago I did a project and installed some escalators from Germany, a company called O&K. Long story short, at Christmas, they gave me a box of wine from Germany. Now, at the time, there were wines from Germany that were not highly thought of: Blue Nun, Liebfraumilch, Black Tower to name a few..........so with some trepidation I started on these wines. Oh, my, goodness - how delightful they were. I don't recall the names, but remember one was a fine, fine Riesling.

We're off on a Harley trip later this year through Germany, right up through the wine country.......on the day's ride that I lead we're going to meet and finish the day here:

View attachment 903250

.......I'm guessing of course, but should be some wine there... I'd better do some slippie pics there as well o_O

And if you're into your Pinot Noir, I had what was perhaps the best PN I've ever tasted and one of the nicest reds ever from your side of the pond recently - Twelve Clones 2013 from Morgan Estate. Stunning :thumbsup:

IMG_1928.jpg

Sounds like a great trip is planned, Paul! I look forward to seeing some pics.
I'll have to look for that PN. I like the Camillus pen knife too. It looks like this one that I just picked up yesterday. Model 22LR-1 from 1992.
TSGF8xz.jpg

Back